Just ordered some ELKAS

Slayer1018

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it will WORK... Its one of the options you have...  I can't afford A-Arms right now.  One step at a time :)

515205[/snapback]

You could've saved yourself some serious coin by getting them setup for +2 arms.. they'd be a little stiff but you could take most that out with the clickers.... Getting the shocks rebuilt isn't excactly cheap...

Mike

I agree. I would just have them built for the +2 arms from the start. The ride will be a little stiffer, but after the stockers it will still feel like riding on a cloud. You will save some money and time. Usually sending shocks in is not a quick ordeal. PEP took close to 2 months to get mine back to me and from what I hear Elka is slipping too.

well i dunno bought that last comment, i ordered some tripple rate non rezzies from a guy on ebay. and i got those in 2 weeks, i was getting pissed waiting and called the guy and he said elka was behind about a week. and the next day i got the shocks.

they were built on the 9th and i got em the 12th.

put em on but i cant ride em yet,THEY LOOK SWEET!! cuz my shee is under construction and wont have my pipes till wednesday.

i also agree you shoulda got the shocks for +2 a-arms, no sence dumping more money into the shocks when you buy the new arm's

I don't know if you were referring to my comment or not, but sending shocks in to get serviced/revalved/resprung usually takes much longer than you plan on. PEP is a very small company, so they don't have the turn around time of the bigger places. Elka is a good shock, but the company has had some teething problems.

I have both on my quads.

PEP Limited Mass Triples

Elka quad rates

28.jpg

I don't know if you were referring to my comment or not, but sending shocks in to get serviced/revalved/resprung usually takes much longer than you plan on.  PEP is a very small company, so they don't have the turn around time of the bigger places.  Elka is a good shock, but the company has had some teething problems.

I have both on my quads.

PEP Limited Mass Triples

Elka quad rates

28.jpg

515905[/snapback]

That's why you have places like balwdin motorsports, ecatv, and jh-racing.... Even at that i've never seen somebody get there shocks done in less than 3 days unless you take them to the shop... shipping is the main killer...

Polaris 336, I'd almost put money on the fact that those shocks weren't built in 2 days... regardless of were your at shipping takes at least a day.... If your anymore than 3 states away from the guy you bought them from those shocks would've had to been built and shipped within a matter of hours after the auction.... johnny can't even do his own shocks that fast...

Mike

I just spoke to someone from ELKA and they said having the shocks set up for stock a-arms and changing the a-arms (+2 UP 1) next year, is no big deal. All that needs to be changed is one spring, which is something they said I could easily do myself. So there you go... ACCURATE INFORMATION :)

......or you just got sold.  :shrugani:

516321[/snapback]

...... and you wonder why nobody runs elka anymore :shootself: ... The pros get the special treatment and thousands of dollars of r&d work just to promote their(elka's) name... the guy building your shocks is eating a ham sandwich and watching price is right episodes...

Mike

...... and you wonder why nobody runs elka anymore :shootself: ... The pros get the special treatment and thousands of dollars of r&d work just to promote their(elka's) name... the guy building your shocks is eating a ham sandwich  and watching price is right episodes...

Mike

516325[/snapback]

:yank:

Click here... http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby6H922hEWjQB...umemo/moron.jpg