Just ordered some ELKAS

Slayer1018

if you want suspension set up for a decent price send it off to precision concepts. we did this to our trx450r and it made a HUGE difference from stock to elkas valving to precision concepts valving HUGE.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want suspension set up for a decent price send it off to precision concepts. we did this to our trx450r and it made a HUGE difference from stock to elkas valving to precision concepts valving HUGE.

517222[/snapback]

I would use them if johnny hale wasn't local...

Mike

That's cool. On the other hand Sredish is a tweaker and a perfectionist so the average individual probably wouldn't notice.

517227[/snapback]

That's an understatment in itself lol... He's had like 7 or 8 exhaust on his trx.. 4 or 5 different top-end combos... it's rediculous...

Mike

I don't think all elkas are generic, it just depends if you custom order them or go pick them up at a shop.

I had to answer a number of questions on riding style level of experience , weight, arm length etc before tehy would custom build mine so :shrugani:

So far I am loving the dune valving and they way I had them setup, With the elites they have enough adjustments you can tweek them to be perfect, Sredish you should have got the elites if you did not you can tweek on them all day ;)

I think the biggest problem people have is comparing some of the shelf elkas to custom valved shocks like TCS PEP Axis etc.

I guess I don't want to compromise my ride this year based on what I "might" do to my quad next year. I figure if I buy the new a-arms next year, I'll spend the little extra money to have the shocks set up. I think the shocks themselves will be very impressive compared to what I am used to.

I'm not trying to be a prick... I think some of you need to give "constructive comments" and not jump down someones throat just because they may not be getting all the right parts right away. As you all know, modifying a Banshee can be very expensive. I'd love to get some longer axles and new a-arms this year but dishing out the cash for these Elkas, V-Force 3 Reeds, AC Bumper, ASV Levers, and Acerbis hand guards, I think I've spent enough money this year. So Peace...

I had to answer a number of questions on riding style level of experience , weight, arm length etc before tehy would custom build mine so  :shrugani:

517234[/snapback]

Sounds like you answered all the questions I did. I got mine straight from Eric @ Elka and couldn't be happier, he asked all kinds of questions about where and how I ride and made suggestions on my order. Maybe I just got lucky and the off the shelf ones match up perfectly to my specs but I'd definately get another set if I needed them.

I don't think all elkas are generic, it just depends if you custom order them or go pick them up at a shop.

I had to answer a number of questions on riding style level of experience , weight, arm length etc before tehy would custom build mine so  :shrugani:

So far I am loving the dune valving and they way I had them setup, With the elites they have enough adjustments you can tweek them to be perfect, Sredish you should have got the elites if you did not you can tweek on them all day ;)

I think the biggest problem people have is comparing some of the shelf elkas to custom valved shocks like TCS PEP Axis etc.

517234[/snapback]

you just proved my point Justin, custom valved would mean the guy valving your shocks came out and watched you ride for a couple days and built you a shock according to his observations, not you answered a series of questions and he built you a shock, you got the same shock as the last guy who claimed he weighed 170 pounds and rode fast over bumps......

I guess I don't want to compromise my ride this year based on what I "might" do to my quad next year.  I figure if I buy the new a-arms next year, I'll spend the little extra money to have the shocks set up.  I think the shocks themselves will be very impressive compared to what I am used to. 

I'm not trying to be a prick...  I think some of you need to give "constructive comments" and not jump down someones throat just because they may not be getting all the right parts right away.  As you all know, modifying a Banshee can be very expensive.  I'd love to get some longer axles and new a-arms this year but dishing out the cash for these Elkas, V-Force 3 Reeds, AC Bumper, ASV Levers, and Acerbis hand guards, I think I've spent enough money this year.  So Peace...

517242[/snapback]

you do always give constuctive critisim, dick

yfzut... in your case, you didn't start out too well by saying "How to take the UGLY out of a Banshee.." Your thread title was harsh dude... Especially w/ Banshee fans here... So let us both ease off... :)

you just proved my point Justin, custom valved would mean the guy valving your shocks came out and watched you ride for a couple days and built you a shock according to his observations, not you answered a series of questions and he built you a shock, you got the same shock as the last guy who claimed he weighed 170 pounds and rode fast over bumps......

517368[/snapback]

Those are not the questions they asked, LOL. I don't know of any companies willing to come out to watch me ride for 2 days to build me a shock. I'm sure it would be expensive for wasting so much of their time, not like I'm a world pro or anything and they are my sponsor.

When I say custom valved this means they did not just ask for my weight and arm length and go in the back and bring some out...

I have also bought shocks from TCS, and was not asked as many questions as I was for my elkas, they were valved well though. But TCS did not come out and watch me ride either :P

Slayer, Reason everyone is on your case is simply because most of us wait till we have the cash and do it the right way the first time. It's your money so do what you want. I waited 5-6 years before I could afford suspension.

Dunedeamon is a respected member on this forum as well. You don't have to take his advice but sometimes the best reply is nothing at all.

Edited by Justintoxicated