What Oil To Run In The Crank Case?

I've never understood why people will bitch about spending a little money for a couple qts of oil or any other products for that matter, when you have a $6000+ quad you're putting it in? I'll buy the best shit out there if it will save me in the repair$ dept.

ya know...makes no sence to me. :shrugani:

You can run automobile oil in your Banshee. You just have to select the correct type.

We've run Mobile 1 synthetic in my son's 250R for a couple of years. That's what the previous owner used in it for 2 years before we bought it. Now, we run Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil in the crankcase. Works good.

As long as you avoid the auto oils that have that symbol on the front of the bottle, you shouldn't have any problems. Most oils that are 5-30 or 10-30 have this symbol on them. Symbol has something to do with being rated for gasoline engines and is usually a good indicator the oil has friction modifiers in it (bad for clutches).

I also use BelRay Gear Saver 80w oil in one Banshee. Works real well. It's made for two stroke motors.

The other Banshee gets BelRay as well, but has seen on a few occasions Castrol 10w-40, Valvoline 20w-50, when I needed to change the oil, but didn't have and couldn't get the BelRay gear saver oil.

I may be changing the Banshees over to the Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil in the near future.

These quads are not just recreational quads. They get raced in Flattrack/TT and Cross Country venues.

Regards.

Edited by Buttermilk421

Just get Bel Ray Gear Saver 80 or 85 weight.

I just changed mine after a few desert trips and that shit still looked brand new. I also notice ALOT less shaving on my Magnetic drainplug since I changed over from Golden Spectro over a year ago, and my clutch slips less as well. Wish I had been using this stuff all along.

I order it from RMATV once a year.

Edited by Justintoxicated

belray gear saver 80wt. been using that since the first oil change after i bought it new in '01. we use it in my nephew's blaster also, since it was new in '03. no problems with either one. B)