Got questions about Jetting...

Thanks alot, im going to try the 240 that came with the quad.  Anything else im gonna have to play with to get it right?

508004[/snapback]

240 sounds lean to me.

I'd start out with some 280's if you have the lid on..

Where are you located and whats your elevation?

From my experience with the stealerships, they dont know shit about jetting.

:cheers:

I jetted it to 240, its not running rite at all. It seems like its getting way too much gas. It has no powerband and it just bogs down and stalls. I moved the needle clip up one on the one side (didnt have enought time to do the other yet) and that side seems to run alot better. Any advice on how many i should go up with the needle? Or anything else i can do?

I jetted it to 240, its not running rite at all.  It seems like its getting way too much gas.  It has no powerband and it just bogs down and stalls.  I moved the needle clip up one on the one side (didnt have enought time to do the other yet) and that side seems to run alot better.  Any advice on how many i should go up with the needle?  Or anything else i can do?

508475[/snapback]

Where exactically is it falling on its face? Is it right at take off?

Set your air screws to 1.5 turns out and put the clips on your needles on the 4th

groove from the blunt end and go from there.

I wouldnt run it unless you make the same adjustment to BOTH carburetors.

Make sure the choke crossover tube is in place between the carbs too.

:cheers:

check your spark plug connections real good and the coils wires make sure they are tight, does it idle ok?? I am looking at the clymers right not going thru the troubleshooting section you need to get one of these but I don"t mind helping the kids are asleep.

Thanks for all the help guys!! I hope i can help you's out one day. It idle's fine. Just as soon as i get on the gas it either stalls or runs ok if i keep the rev's up. But it still doesnt move too good, its like ridin a lawn mower, lol. Im still thinkin i need to move the clip up some and see how it runs. I just wanna make sure its not nothing stuppid before i go and do it and its not it.

Try a 270 - 280 main, needle in the 4th clip position, and air screw 1 1/2 turns out (it will probably want a fatter pilot, fmf's seem to). From there you should be able to tune it in. Read the jetting FAQ sections, they will help you on how to adjust the jetting. If that doesn't help, let us know

Also (and the FAQ section will tell you this) the pilot does the first 1/8 throttle, so if that is where the problem is at, it's not the needle that needs adjusting.