Tires for dragin on grass?

kb01shee

Me and Sangrencivic2k1 were dragin on my dad in laws grass drag strip 1/8th mile.

Neither one of us could come close to hooking up. I know he has the stock tires. i forget what mine are. Anyways we were in 6th and fish tailing all the way down the track. :D Would holeshots work better?

What about Maxxis 4-Snows? There was a YFZ kicking ass with those on grass last weekend where I rode. I didn't get to race him, though, but on my YFZ with stock tires I was not beating a 450R near as bad as the guy with the 4 Snows was (he said.....I didn't see them race.)

the drag i went to this weekend was on hard packed dirt

holeshots were common with half of the knobs cut off like loco does to his

and realtors were very popular as well

507013[/snapback]

Cut Holeshots or Razors work well in the dirt/grass on bike running less than 100 hp.

I run 26" Realtors on my bike but ....... I would only recomend them for high HP machines (over 100hp) because they are a HEAVY tire and they are very hard to find now that they are out of production.

4 snows work well in hard pack dirt but realls suck on grass.

the tires i run other than paddles are 20x10x9 turf tamers and i run about 2lbs in them they seem to hook up really well in grass and dirt but for me drag racing a shee your not gonna get the full effect until you hit the pavement! get that 450 on pavement and you'll see a totally different outcome.