Installing a lockup

kb7kuh

Yea, I have been looking at that and it's a good time to do it while I have the cover off :cheers: how does the lockup go on? Does it just bolt onto the clutch pack pressure plate? or does it replace it?

Edited by kb7kuh

Very Cool.  Thanks, I got the lockout and cover for 225.00 only used 2 times.  I will install it on my dune banshee until I get the drag bike done  :D

505695[/snapback]

Wow howd u manage that ? Ebay? Is it all Direct Drive

Bought it from a guy that was parting out his bike, I'm pretty sure it's a Direct Drive setup. :D

From what I have been told, the faster the motor spins, the weights apply more force the the clutch plates. This allows for less clutch slippage. Some chime in if I'm wrong.

Edited by kb7kuh

Yah pretty much a lock up even tho a banshee clutch needs to slip it takes up the excessive slip and gives Much more torque not needed until like loco said 70+ hp more heavily modded engines

Also makes u able to run softer springs for a easier clutch pull

What does this lock up really do? Does it improve response because i am running with a stock clutch, will this improve it a lot?

506026[/snapback]

Im curious as well....More info about the lock-up clutch.

506068[/snapback]

They work on Centrifugal energy...What you install is a plate on the outside of the pressure plate, that contains flyweights. When the clutch spins (hence centrifugal, the flyweights on the outside of the pressure plate apply pressure to the plate. Which squeezes the fibers and friction plates together, causing them not to slip.........Actually makes a clutch last alot longer!!! And thats why they are called lockups!!

Hope this helps...

You would know if it direct drive if it says that cnc'ed into the lockup itself and it will also say "Banshee" on it...

I run a direct drive lockup and I paid around 425 by the time it was said and done.

I have taken my clutch apart many timesin the last month and you cannot tell the clutch has even been used minus the fluid on it.

I run the hard springs from the EBC DRK 8 disk clutch kit. I'm thinking of moving to stock springs to aid in shifting from 3-4th. That is when my bike has a hell of a time going into 4th cuz the lockup has put so much preasure at powerband i have to pull the clutch and wait a split second then shift not shift fast.

You would want to say a pancake baring is pretty much required or your going to have lift when the adjuster welds to the ball...

Also,

Why you are at it replace the clutch cable :-) they are 23 dollars !

i got it it the other day and it is a Direct Drive. I think the side cover was made by the other company (I can't remember the name) but it looks sweet! I need to order the through out bearing now. I'm going to put the stock springs back in (now running 3 stock and 3 barnett)

Can't wait to try it :D