bye bye city life! sold my house today

NYUK

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the fast deal. Did you use a realtor to sell your house. Mine is going on the market in about a week. I need more than one bathroom. Every morning is a family reunion in the bathroom for me the wife and two boys. What did you have to pay the realtor if you used one. The ones around here want 6% of the sale price. I think i'm going to try to talk that down a little.

My dad got a deal on a Harley once for that same reason. This guys kid ended up at the point of the mountain, and started selling off his shit to pay his fines etc. My dad practially stole this bike, and he turned around and sold it about 3 months later.

They need to have more sales like that. Instead of yard sales they need to have going to prison sales.

504680[/snapback]

No shit that would be swesome you couold get some nice stuff dirt cheap.

Congrats on the fast deal.  Did you use a realtor to sell your house.  Mine is going on the market in about a week.  I need more than one bathroom.  Every morning is a family reunion in the bathroom for me the wife and two boys.  What did you have to pay the realtor if you used one.  The ones around here want 6% of the sale price.  I think i'm going to try to talk that down a little.

504743[/snapback]

the realtor that sold my house was my sister in law. that was 2% or free i will find out at closing, the one that found my house was 6%

Congrats on the fast deal.  Did you use a realtor to sell your house.  Mine is going on the market in about a week.  I need more than one bathroom.  Every morning is a family reunion in the bathroom for me the wife and two boys.  What did you have to pay the realtor if you used one.  The ones around here want 6% of the sale price.  I think i'm going to try to talk that down a little.

504743[/snapback]

Bigairee, most realtors charge 6%, which 3% is theirs and 3% goes to the brokerage. The brokerage is typically non negotiable. A good realtor will go 5%, or even 4% if they happen to sell your house and they sell you your new house too. Its kind of a gamble, but then you can always reject any offers from any other realtors. It works out for you and the agent. Then again, you risk losing any quick sales if your agent doesn't have a buyer at the right time.

Like Nyuk, the best way is to have a relative that sells realestate. My sister was doing mine for free, and we were just going to pay the 3% to the brokerage and then give her some pretty pictures of this old dude that invented bifocals.

Also, when signing your contract, make sure you can get out of it without paying a fee. I was almost stuck paying something like $500 to the brokerage for the time spent, but since my wife had just lost her job, and we had about $5000 in credit card debt, they knew we weren't going to qualify for a loan anytime soon so they just tore up the contract.

i doubt it cuz.i can`t wait to leave.outrageous city wage tax, both vehicles wrecked in the middle of the night by a drunk ass college kid making a 60 mph u turn in the middle of a straight ass street at 4 am. 450 a month for each kid to attend private school, cause the public schools are a free for all zoo.neighbors with a retarded pitbull that barks at air at 5 am every morning. dog shit in the back yards that smells like the elaphant exibit at the zoo, no matter how much it`s cleaned up.dirtynecker nextdoor renters with 10 people in a 3 bedroom rowhome.I WILL MISS IT LIKE A HEMMOROID.

when you moving john i just bought some shocks off of you from ebay i think and dont want to send the money to the wrong place

505008[/snapback]

LOL, I was gonna ask him the same thing, just sent a package on Tuesday...

Congratulations John! I wish I could move a little further out of the city area in Memphis. You'll have to post up some pics of your new crib, sounds really nice!! :cheers:

You want quiet move here where I live in Indiana, dunes to ride, decent jobs and a car goes by maybe every 2 hours.Schools, not jungles. My neighborhood NO DOGS ALLOWED!