Are my carbs to small ?

I used to have a set of CPW 30 mms and I didn't have a problem. Make sure your cable is adjusted tight enough. You may even have to get an aftermarket twist throttle or thumb throttle to get the full range of motion on the cable. The cable can botton out before you reach WOT. If the slides really do hit the top of the carbs, something is definitely wrong--a carb should never be manufactured where the slide is bigger than the carb.

with a few of the aftermarket carbs (pj 34's included) ive seen that the slides didnt open all the way up because there wasnt enough cable in the throttle cable.. the motion pro cables are usually a culpret..the throttle stop on the lever is another place to look and see if its going far enough.. and then the carb tops can be adjusted as well.. all to get the slack out and pull the slides all the way up..

possibly look into getting a terry cable for the throttle (about $60 and look better than the motion pro's also), next you can possibly grind a little of the lip off of the throttle stop..

on most all carbs the slide should be able to push up into the neck area till there is about an 1/8 in. of the slide sticking out..