Finally im getting a banshee

Im finally going to get a Banshee its an 04 completley stock but it wont be soon after i get it i will be getting pipes,nerfs,new filter, and probly ported and normal things like that i thought i would try and get to kno some of yall and introduce myself oh and what do you guys think i should get done to my shee

Sounds like you know what to do once you get it.Be selective on pipes if you decide to port it and also who does the porting.There are members here at the HQ that are the best around.

Also be selective on nerfs.Whatever you do don't go with the cheezy Blingstar nerfs.A member here had alot of trouble those guys.

TORS needs to go immediately.

Welcome to the HQ! :cheers:

Sounds like you know what to do once you get it.Be selective on pipes if you decide to port it and also who does the porting.There are members here at the HQ that are the best around.

Also be selective on nerfs.Whatever you do don't go with the cheezy Blingstar nerfs.A member here had alot of trouble those guys.

TORS needs to go immediately.

Welcome to the HQ! :cheers:

498437[/snapback]

about the tors.. will u get any power from takin it off or what

Congrats on gettin yourself a banshee and you've found a great

place on the net to find info and what not. Just wait till you get the

constant banshee part upgrade disease. Once you start moddin your

banshee you cant stop.

After you get yourself some pipes, get some kind of aftermarket air filter

system. The stock air filter system is junk. Actually the air filter upgrade

should be first on your list.

:cheers:

Edited by Hilarious

i have a question ive ben looking at porting about how much horsepower do u get out of it? and the porting ive ben looking at was the low-mid end porting does that take away any top speed or does it also add top speed and can you really even tell a diff. with a filter? i dont have tons of money b/c im only 15 but my list of priorities for it is pipes,filter,adv. timing,2 in 1 carb kit maybe porting

also what would be better porting or the carb kit i hear the carb kit gives u 20% increases in lowend and 15% increase in top end

When u get the quad ride it, get a feel for the banshee its not always abiut buying a bike and drag porting it the next day, if u never owned one i take it u have never ripped into the motor? So why worry about taking it all apart and gettin it ported so soon? They are plenty fast stock and even faster with just pipes you will learn that pretty quickly, anyway you made a good choice by choosing a banshee there a dying breed :cheers:

I agree that you probably need to take some time and get use to it.T-5's are a really good pipe.The stock air box is awful.If you don't ride in alot of water,the clamp-on K&N filters are good.These filter will eliminate the airbox and clamp directly to the carbs.Make sure to get the outerwears for the K&N's.Pro design makes a kit that includes a plate that bolts inside your airbox that will allow you to just get rid of the lid.A boost bottle is a waste of money.

Removing the TORS won't gain you any power.The TORS is just a bunch of clutter that can give you alot of problems.