Reed Valves

Hey guys just had a quick question for ya. What are some signs that you have faulty reeds? I was wondering cause I just did my top end and it starts up for 10 seconds or so then the left side quits and a few seconds a later the whole motor dies. It sounds like it runs out of fuel on that side. I have taken my carbs apart and checked everything and it all looks good. So I was hoping that it would be my reeds since I can't find anything else that would stop it from running. Please help!!

That is what I am getting stuck on. The plugs both have good spark, compression is good and there is fuel going through all lines and when I take my carbs off there is fuel in them. As soon as it dies I choke it and it starts right back up, then dies after 5-10 seconds.

Actually I did check the gas cap line. It wasn't twisted. I took the gas cap off and started it too and it did the same thing. I am running 290 mains with 25 pilots. I have tried 270,280 mains and the same thing was happening. I have a set of 300 that I haven't tried yet.

Lean pilot jet.

498021[/snapback]

...maybe you didn't see it the first time. Your mains have little to do with low-mid idle/throttle. Switch your pilot to a 27.5 and see if it helps. You using the choke to make it run longer means it needs more fuel. GL.

Edited by Shee K

...maybe you didn't see it the first time. Your mains have little to do with low-mid idle/throttle. Switch your pilot to a 27.5 and see if it helps. You using the choke to make it run longer means it needs more fuel. GL.

498122[/snapback]

Would the pilot being a 25 be restricting the fuel that much? It doesn't matter if it is choked or not it still dies after 10 seconds or so. I will try some different pilots though when I went to the shop the other day they didn't have any 27.5 could I try a 30 if they have that one?

Ohh it doesn't matter if its choked? Hm.. I misread the first time.. I would still bump your pilots one, if it bogs off the line and still don't idle take it back down to 25 and cancel that possibility out.