fmf fatty pipes

My left side fits tight, but when you put the springs on the right side, they are lose and dont fit tight, so when you rev it up, the pipe blows about 1/2 inch off of the cylinder and makes a horible rattling noise. any sugesitions, or is this a manufacture defect?

495116[/snapback]

Have you tried some new springs? Just a suggestion.

I did not have this problem when I had my fattys.

Like you said, may also be a manufacturing defect.

Check all your pipe hangers and make sure they are in

good condition and tight.

:cheers:

I actually had the same problem with my Fatties. Mine was also on the right side & I believe it was the bottom spring. It's most likely not your springs but rather the ring is welded in the wrong spot on the pipe.

I have had several brands of pipes & I can honestly say that FMF is probably one of the worst out there for quality. Whether it be rust, springs not fitting or the pipe splitting along the seam of the expansion chamber, & the pipe hanger welded on crooked thus resulting in broken pipe hangers all the time. I had all four problems with mine.

Here is my .02 cents... please take it at face value.

Sell your pipes on ebay & buy another brand, after that advertise for FMF like I am doing now!!!! :flush: