removing factory paint from cylinders

senoroms

im about to get my port job and get it trued and welded, but i wanted to remove the factory paint on the cylinders and was wondering whats the best way. plus is there anything else that i should do while i have the toped end off that might give me alittle more out of my engine. i already have the head milled and of course its piped and running clamp ons.

Industial paint stripper and a wire brush.  :shrugani:

491254[/snapback]

Wear gloves + safety glasses. This shit will burn your skin, and if you get any on you water neutralizes it. Just a FYI if you didn't know.

if you havent done it yet....GO TO WAL-MART. They have a spray on paint stripper that works wonders. Spray it on and wait about 15 minutes and you can basically hold it under the water and the paint comes off. get yourself a small wire brush or even a brillo pad will basically take it off.

IT WORKS WONDERS, its not that fumy, and it wont kill your skin if you happen to get it on you by accident (just dont leave it on there for kicks n giggles though)