mohawks vs knobbies

mnduner

You want a front tire that floats on the sand and doesn't sink down and push it around. Knobbies are generally too thin (footprint), made of hard rubber and will do just that. I run 22x8x10 and they have a wide footprint. They leave very little , if any, impression in the sand.

i run the mohawks and was thinkin about goin to smoothies becuase when i try to whip it around real quick or make a sharp turn goin slow it tends to catch really badly. Ive had it jam the wheels all the way to the right or left and have to get off the bike and lift up the end to straighten the wheels out.

Why not Razorbacks? The Mohawk doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any function other than looks. Some friends of mine like the smoothie.

Can't beat Sand Tires Unlimited Razorback.

Go with the bigger tire. The smaller size looks goofy as hell.

I have a set of mohawks that are basicly brand new. After riding several other bikes with different tires I want to make the switch. Just the weight savings is good, but I want something with better performance. When I get a chance to look into tire prices I may sell my Mohawks... If interested let me know and maybe we could make a deal.

As for the diff....... everyone here is spot on... Smoothies I think are best for straight line drags. If your into hard core duning then I dont think they would be your best bet. You wont have the control for tighter turning because the smoothies will just wash out from under you, and "push" in the corners.

fasterthanU: Check your steering stop, If your bars are turning too much then thats why the steering locks on you. Mine used to do the same too.

i run the mohawks and was thinkin about goin to smoothies becuase when i try to whip it around real quick or make a sharp turn goin slow it tends to catch really badly. Ive had it jam the wheels all the way to the right or left and have to get off the bike and lift up the end to straighten the wheels out.

491143[/snapback]

as said earlier check your steering stop, but also check out your tie rod ends. if you have one a little further out then the other, itll lock up on ya too.

fasterthanU: Check your steering stop, If your bars are turning too much then thats why the steering locks on you. Mine used to do the same too.

492919[/snapback]

Thanks bud, same ther flanders yah i was kinda thinkin that it actually looks like one spindle is off from the other one ther gapped different from the rims