Opinions needed

Matt05

Heres what u need got mine on ebay excellent shape/shipping still in wrapping mine is and 87- 06 this is to 04 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Bans...sspagenameZWDVW but doesnt really matter if u go to a shop they usually charge like 30 40 bucks :yank:

Hey I got a clymers, also I looked at an 89 and it said it has j-arms and someone said 89 and newer doesn't have j-arms. I plan to ride this more then just straight race, I do a lot of trail and ditch riding so let me know what would be better and why, because I really just wanna find out as much as possible.

I'm building one right now from the ground up for my nephew, tired of riding by myself. I personlly prefer to start from frame-up. I don't want to buy something and then take her apart. Cheap banshee's that I've seen around here are still going for $2500 + and most of those are as old as an '87 like mine. Being able to purchase almost 99% of the parts on ebay make things very convienant, I've believe we can build her for around $1500 basically stock. Once we have her ridable, then he can upgrade parts as he can afford it. He has $350 in parts now such as the axle, wiring harness w/cdi and coil, gas tank, front and rear shocks swingarm and a couple of other small items I can't remember. He's about to get the frame off of ebay for around $275 with shipping. And doing it this way once he has all of the frame parts we are going to have'em powdercoated.

Time flies, gotta go take my boy to T-BALL. I will check back later to see if you post any questions.

Not to be a smarts ass but if your really greek to the banhee thing, my advise would be to buy a decent bike. Hardly ever do people get out what they put into a bike. Go find a nice one ride it enjoy it, if its not your bag then sell it. If you fall in love with it then change what you want. If your like most new people buying a basket case you will just get frustrated wont be able to ride it and it will just be a POS in your garage.

Yea ,buy one already done.If it is real clean and runs great and no engine knocks buy it.Just for a example I sold mine last year that I just finished recently before that.I had $5500 bucks in parts alone and only got $3800 out of it.Its a buyers market just keep your eyes open.If you fix up a old junker you will spend more $.

I would rather buy an old one, make everything the way I want it and spend a little bit than buy one from the factory that is there ideas, and not mine, and then have to go and spend even more to change what I don't like. Which is why I figured it be easier to buy an old one, build it the way I want it, and have something that is just as good as a brand new, only the way I want it.

i'd love to buy a 2nd one and build it up on my own, from a clunker to a sweet ride. you won't get out of it what you put into it money wise, but if pride and accomplishment is what your after when your done, then i think the worse it is to start with, the happier you'll be with the finished bike. B)