Opinions needed

Matt05

Hey, I am new to this site and I was planning on building up a Banshee, custom colors, etc. etc., what I don't know, is if I should just buy a frame and then go from there, or buy an old used one for cheap and have some of the parts ready. Any opinions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm with the fella above. I mean, you're gonna have to tear it down sooner or later. Plus thats the fun part, tearing everything apart and looking at it frustrated saying "Damn it, where did I put all those misc parts!" But within all seriousness, it's kinda rewarding taking something that looks like a heap and turning it into art.

but does anyone have a reason to go with a certain year over another, remember I am looking for an older one so nothing too new.

483336[/snapback]

Not really, all the main components are the same throughout the years with the exception of j arms and the connections on the harness being a little different. There may be a few other little things I can't remember. I have parts from many different years on my banshee. I agree with the other two above...buy a used banshee, you can get them fairly cheap...tear it down, clean it up, and rebuild it the way you want it. That way you'll have a solid starting point and will have all the nuts and bolts you need to put it back together. :shrugani: It's also a great time to get familiar with all the parts and where they go, how they work, etc. It's really easy :cheers:

thats what i would do to tear it all down clean it all up and slap it back together,

but depending on your experience you might not want to go that route, you might want to go with a stock banshee and upgrade it how you see fit, you know ride it around when you get it and buy things that think you may need or want down the road.

this way you see the difference it makes compared to stoclk and you get to take off the old part to see how the new part goes on and you might learn a little more...

starting from scratch might cause a headache if you dont know how to do something or you might forget a part that you didnt know you needed

either way get a clymers and it should work out in the end....

good luck with the build, welcome to the sight and dont forget the pics through out the build. theres alot of people that love to see pics of builds and finished products so snap plenty :cheers:

Buy an old used banshee, tear it down to the frame but keep all the miscellaneous parts then rebuild it  powdercoating/t-rex/elka/lonestar :drool:

483258[/snapback]

i agree u will spend your money better on stuff u want to make it right,, id look for a roller. something that basically has everything but a motor u might be able to get one sometimes for anywhere from 1000 to 1500. then look for a motor. and pipes ext,, if your gonna drag id look for a J arm bike ,, if your gonna ride the piss out of it id get an a arm bke, anything newer then an 89 will be a arms,

I live in Southern Minnesota, and where do I get a clymer from? And is there still going to be a lot of old used banshees floating around, and will the price being going up a lot, because the banshee is coming to a close? Sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to get the best deal, so expect many more. :D