Which Hauler paddles for my banshee work best?

Ripassbrother

I have a 96 banshee which for the most part is a stock motor. Piped, mild porting etc. Not running a stroker motor or any high horse power bike. My current 20/10/10 9 paddle haulers are shot. I loved them. My question is could I jump up to a 10 paddle and would it affect my performance a lot?

And I see a lot of guys shying away from the shorter and going taller on the height of the tires? I want as much grip as possible but I don't want to bog my bike down either. Thanks for the help

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on what your doing with the bike ( flat drags or hillshooting) if you over paddle the bike you'll lose top end..... you will have one hell of a take off though. for hillshooting (depending on who ported your bike) I would probably run 8 paddle haulers. especially if it only has mild porting...if you like dragging only, try some 22x11x8 superlights. you wont be sorry....just my .02

That's great that you loved em and everything but you were over-paddled w/ your 9 paddles. Banshee's like to spin their wheels, and not lug like a 4 stroke. 8 paddle is the way to go usually on a stock stroke/non-big bore machine - unless you've got some very gnarly drag porting anyway. For the extremes, they're about the same as adding another paddle conversion-wise. So a 9 paddle extreme would be even worse for your bike.

Or you could be just like almost every other rider out there and keep over-paddling.

I agree w/ wallrat. I would stick with the 8's. if you go with 9 paddle extremes, its like going with 10 paddle regular haulers. so its not really much diff......drag ported 350's on alcohol run 10's.....if its ported by the right person :)

they will bend easier, doesnt mean its a bad thing. 2 strokes need some wheel spin....like someone said earlier, you can over paddle your bike and think its ok....I've been guilty of that also, long time ago..... I had 10 paddle haulers on a dune port, it seemed fine to me ... tried some 8 paddle haulers, and picked up some mph. cant remeber how much......the only way you'll know is to use a radar gun....If youre having problems getting out of the hole, try looking at your suspension or maybe riding techniques.......trust me 8 paddle haulers are enough

Me and my friends all used to use 20-10-10 10 paddle haulers. I lost every race, one friend had a 450 YFZ with cams filter and stroker crank and the other a 03 LE banshee with porting. After I did some reading on planet sand I decided to try some 22-11-8 8 paddle haulers. So I put them on and we went to the river to race. Me and the 450 traded wins but I still lost to the other banshee, but he is drag ported.

The taller tire gave me way more top end and I didn't loose any on the bottom. Now we all run the taller tires with 8 paddles. Sucks now though cus I am loosing again :cry: