p break

SAVAGE420

What is the point of doing the parking brake block off MOD.Like why wouldent you want to have one ? :wacko: Mine didnt come with one and i kind of think i would like one anyone else have theres off ;)

Edited by savage420

You have to adjust them constantly, for the parking brake to work. Everytime that the back brakes are used, the pads wear down, and the parking brake doesn't grab as well. The parking brake mod, also gets rid of a bunch of extra junk and weight. I took mine off, within the first 6 months of owning it, and I've never missed it.

Realistically you almost never have a use for a parking brake. They're a hassle to maintain and its just easier to alter where and how you park your bike than constantly dicking with the adjustments. Depending on the terrain, usually all thats required to prevent unexpected rolling is to turn the bars or at most, drag the back end a couple feet to keep her from pointing straight downhill.

Get the block off plate and a new clutch perch and get rid of a ton of clutter. Go ahead and get rid of that tors also.

477739[/snapback]

My bike was already done and didnt have a parking break and i was also wondering what a clucth perch was and the guy i got this shee from alredy un hooked the tors cause they were acting up but there not of off the carbs yet but he said there is a kit toremove them so and what is the diff between haveing them or not?

Edited by savage420

Okay I'll play devil's advocate here and say run it if you want. Now, if I bought a bike that already had it removed would I reinstall it? NO, but I can say that I use my parking brake from time to time just to be safe. It takes about a minute and half to adjust your parking brake (at least that's how long it takes me). If I was worried about the 10 oz of weight from my parking brake I'll take a piss before I go ride and dump the water weight. True, if you're running a drag car, or drag banshee for that matter, weight is horsepower, but if you're just a very serious rec rider, you will never notice the extra 10 oz.

My bike was already done and didnt have a parking break and i was also wondering what a clucth perch was and the guy i got this shee from alredy un hooked the tors cause they were acting up but there not of off the carbs yet  but he said there is a kit toremove them so and what is the diff between haveing them or not?

477952[/snapback]

What they are saying is purchase a new clutch lever and perch to replace the stock one. The perch is what attaches to the handlebars and what the clutch lever pivots from. The stock clutch lever and perch have extra hardware on them to engage the parking brake. An aftermarket version is cleaner looking and lighter. ASV makes an excellent clutch lever and perch for around $50-$60. It also has an adjustable reach so you can ensure it is operating the clutch pressure plate correctly.

As far as using a park brake, I have never used one while parking during a ride. the only time I've ever used it is during hauling just for extra peace of mind. However if you tie it down correctly, you don't even need it for that.

just wondering. do you need a block off plate?  i took my parking brake off and i never put a plate on it.

478824[/snapback]

Tell ya the truth i dont know if there is a plate on mine

Do i need one if i dont have one ?

:huh:

just wondering. do you need a block off plate?  i took my parking brake off and i never put a plate on it.

478824[/snapback]

you ca n jerryrig the stock parking break by using a penny and JB weld to kee p any debris fro m getting in the hole