4 mil and Eric gorr port

ellison445

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, Tried to keep it on the low but Im very curious. The stroker kit I just got in today and the jugs been just sitting here. As for carbs I will be running dual 33s, I wanted to run the stockers for that sleeper look but I think I will be starving the motor :confused:

what made you think of that setup? :headbang:

You serious Jeff? LOL, that's the setup I was thinking of running on this new project I'm about to start; weird...great minds think alike!  :cheers:

When did you pick this stuff up? I wanna say stclark had the same setup but can't say for sure if his was stroked. You gonna be running two carbs or one?

477302[/snapback]

not trying to sound cynical but i cant understand why anybody would want to build a $$$$4 millimeter stroker and use a weak clean up woods port set of jugs ,why not have it done right fro m a builder who has experiance extracting the most usuable power from the project ? eric gorr is pretty much outta business now anyways

The jugs I have already and the crank was only 300 bucks so its not a big deal for me. I have also seen first hand his weak clean up port smoke a trinity ported motor and another builders motor( I wont say any names). So why not run the stroker with it :confused:

not trying to sound cynical but i cant understand why anybody would want to build a $$$$4 millimeter stroker and use a  weak clean up woods port set of jugs ,why not have it done right fro m a builder who has experiance extracting the most usuable power from the project ? eric gorr is  pretty much outta business now anyways

477386[/snapback]

I ran the gorr port with stock stroke and stock carbs and it pulled really good. I couldn't imagine it with some bigger carbs. I think you will have a good setup.

As for the comment above, I too have seen gorr woods ported bikes whoop the shit out of some big-name ported bikes.

not trying to sound cynical but i cant understand why anybody would want to build a $$$$4 millimeter stroker and use a  weak clean up woods port set of jugs ,why not have it done right fro m a builder who has experiance extracting the most usuable power from the project ? eric gorr is  pretty much outta business now anyways

477386[/snapback]

eric gorr probably has been porting cylinders and building engines longer than you have been alive. as for his weak clean up port, have you yet heard anyone complain about it. all I read was praise.you tell the guy what you want and you get what you ask for, for $250.I'm very happy the weak unusable power he provided me with.

:bolt:

i may be worng about this, but i thought the reason most people ported when they go with a 4 mil is to raise the hight of the ports. this is where the power comes from when you add a 4 mil? if you add a 4 mil to jugs that are ported to run on a stock crank wouldn't you actually loose power due to the longer stroke of the new crank? I may be completely wrong but i thought this was the way it worked?

was bout to ask the same ? that the above person asked.

was the cylinders ported for a 4mm setup.

if not your going to have to get them adjusted for it.

as for running with a clean up port/4mm im leaning its a low end bitch.

Already taken care of :D Alot of people not liking the Gorr port, better for me!!

Price of porting $250

4 mill crank $300

The look on a assclowns face when you smoke there dune ported big builders bike with you weak clean up port....... Priceless!!!!!

give gorr a call before he closes shop and see if he will get them adjusted for the 4mm and you will have one hell of a crazy low end machine.

477831[/snapback]

Already taken care of :D  Alot of people not liking the Gorr port, better for me!!

Price of porting $250

4 mill crank $300

The look on a assclowns face when you smoke there dune ported big builders bike with you weak clean up port....... Priceless!!!!!

477842[/snapback]

LOL It will be a funny look they give you as you fly past them. :rotflmao: It's not really a cleanup port either, he goes into them pretty good for the price. I spanked the crap out of some 450's that had pipes & intake & the exhaust cam mod, with just stock stroke gorr port, T5's and K&N clamp on's. Stock everything else. They might not have been very good riders though, they should have kept up a little better than they did, but I whooped em none the less. I think you will be very happy with that setup ellison.