quick question

tithead

why do you sand guys not put nerfs on your banshees for the dunes?

i know it sounds stupid... but, there is a few guys on a UK site that say you are stupid for not putting them on. i thought there must be a reason.

thanks.

I run full nerfs because I like my feet and ankles. I've seen people slip off the peg and have the back tire tear them up pretty badly. If you catch your foot under that spinning paddle it can rip you completely off the bike. I'd rather have a few extra pounds on the bike than loose a leg. :cheers:

:yank: they get in the way ....if ur stuck why would you want to have something else to get caught up on ....i dont think you need them at all unless your job is to haul around ur ho at all times  :yank:  banghead

475064[/snapback]

whats with the :yank: ?????????

I run full nerfs because I like my feet and ankles.  I've seen people slip off the peg and have the back tire tear them up pretty badly.  If you catch your foot under that spinning paddle it can rip you completely off the bike.  I'd rather have a few extra pounds on the bike than loose a leg. :cheers:

475095[/snapback]

How about... not slipping off the pegs. I've had ATV's for 12 years and have never slipped off the pegs. I don't understand why that is a problem for people. Maybe my fat ass is too heavy to slide off.

The only time I run nerfs in the sand is when a girl wants a ride. And my nerfs have the webbing cut out of them, because I would always get my feet caught in them when I would shift or use the brakes. They are huge pain in the ass, and I would run them into stuff down at walden, which really fucks you up in a hillclimb when you are going in and out of trees.

There's no need for them unless you are in MX and have people smashing into the side of your bike off the line.

I run full nerfs because I like my feet and ankles.  I've seen people slip off the peg and have the back tire tear them up pretty badly.  If you catch your foot under that spinning paddle it can rip you completely off the bike.  I'd rather have a few extra pounds on the bike than loose a leg. :cheers:

475095[/snapback]

I agree... I wished I would have paid the 135.00 bucks right away before I racked up 25,000 in doctor bills. I was lucky and had insurance but I still had to pay 3500 out of pocket. It can happen when you least expect as thats what happend to me. Just out riding around and over a little jump I got pitched weird and lost my footing. When the bike came down my foot went under the peg and the weight of my bike snapped my tib. and fib. about four inches above my ankle. Plus to say that they add weight to the bike I think is funny... I could maybe see that if your into some super competitive drag racing but otherwise I think thats reaching for a reason not to run them. I know allot of people don't run them just because they don't like the looks but I think if you choose the right ones they actually look good. I also have several friends that run them and they like them as well. None of us run MX or Cross country...

RIPPEN

475095[/snapback]

I use to ride the dunes with just the stock pegs, I swear I broke both of my big toes, I would always fall off the pegs and hit the sand with my feet, now I have some huge pegs/nerf bars. I like them a lot and they weigh like what 10 lbs at the most. but hey everybody has their opinon. I don't see how bike riders always find those tiny pegs either :confused:

Not many guys at Glamis run them. I don't. I even took off my heel guards. I've never been eaten up. I know guys that have. Usually when jumping.

AC now makes a black set. I'd be interested in them. They look sweet. But don't yet make them for Banshee

What the fuck do UK guys know about sand anyhow!?

475942[/snapback]

:headbang: ive been out to your side of town ...san diegos nice ...glamis kicks it ....a bunch of guys from cleve ohio go every year trip coming up in march.....have you ever been to the star bar in down town sandiego ....nice people watching ......cleveland boys camp around wash #10 -13 easy access to boardmanville...... :cheers: