cpi pipes

Polish

http://www.olycoatings.com/thermo.html

I just had my new CPI inframes thermocoated.........I had done a lot of shopping around........and was depating on having them Chromed....or.....Powdercoated candy blue.........then the Owner of the PC shop here in Escondido sugested to have them thermocoated.........and the benifits were that it looks like Polished Alum...........and most of all .......it will increase HP.........I said yea right!........well as far as the research that I have done on thermocoating it does infact increase HP............I will just have to see...............I gave all you guys the website on the thermocoating so you can check it out! :confused:

By the way the Pipes look awesome!!!!! :bolt:

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Edited by Polish

http://www.olycoatings.com/thermo.html

I just had my new CPI inframes thermocoated.........I had done a lot of shopping around........and was depating on having them Chromed....or.....Powdercoated candy blue.........then the Owner of the PC shop here in Escondido sugested to have them thermocoated.........and the benifits were that it looks like Polished Alum...........and most of all .......it will increase HP.........I said yea right!........well as far as the research that I have done on thermocoating it does infact increase HP............I will just have to see...............I gave all you guys the website on the thermocoating so you can check it out! :confused:

By the way the Pipes look awesome!!!!! :bolt:

471795[/snapback]

I posted on this a while back. I was considering having my T5's Thermal coated (Jet-Hot). All of my cars with headers have ceramic coated finishes. Now, I haven't seen quad applications where dyno comparisons have been done, but I can tell you that the primary reason for HP increases in automotive applications are due to lower underhood temperatures due to the less heat sync from the coated headers into the intake air under the hood. In a quad application this would seem to be far less of an issue (open-air). However, there is no doubt that ceramic coating looks amazing for years, and could prevent the pipes from getting as hot to the touch.