New here, need a little help

Lethaface

Hi all, I recently got a 99 banshee in early december, after a couple rides and a complete loss of compression i now find myself in the process of rebuilding it..The rings are almost paper thin in some spots and thick in others..So after putting my finger in the spark plug hole and feeling no pressure i knew there was a problem..The compression is completly gone and will not even register on my tester..So i need to order myself a new set of piston-onies..I know i can get the pistons much cheaper on ebay, than my local shop ($200 without wp bearings), but am sorta confused on which size to get..I know that the old pistons are wiseco but wasn't sure on there size..After cleaning up the piston top's a bit i have came up with these numbers

Dead in the middle of the piston centered is 513M06450

right underneath that is CD and the arrow..

On the complete opposite side of the piston there is C00D3

Does anybody know what size these ol pistons are? Any help would be greatly appreciated becuae i need to go ahead and order the next size up..

Thanks,

Letha

Edited by Lethaface

yeah i knew 30 over was the next size..The only thing i was worried about was if it ended up having to be bored out to .040 becuase of wear..The guy who will be going the bore/hone is a couple states away so i thought it would be safer to do it that way..I will inspect it a little better tommorow and see how the cylinder walls look..

yeah i knew 30 over was the next size..The only thing i was worried about was if it ended up having to be bored out to .040 becuase of wear..The guy who will be going the bore/hone is a couple states away so i thought it would be safer to do it that way..I will inspect it a little better tommorow and see how the cylinder walls look..

469774[/snapback]

I would send the jugs, and let your machinest decied which size you need. he might be able to get them cheap.

:bolt:

I can get them for about 160 shipped off ebay that's why i was wanting to go about it that way..I wanted to get it ported while i had the thing completly tore apart but the builder i have been researching never awnsers his phone..Good suggestion though fellas i think i will try that..

Edited by Lethaface

I can get them for about 160 shipped off ebay that's why i was wanting to go about it that way..I wanted to get it ported while i had the thing completly tore apart but the builder i have been researching never awnsers his phone..Good suggestion though fellas i think i will try that..

469826[/snapback]

eric gorr at foward motion answers his phone and any questions you might have. had great prices on parts and porting. I haven't read a bad thing about jeff at F.A.S.T either.

eric gorr is the builder i have been trying to call for 2 weeks..I actually got ahold of him once for like 2 seconds and he said "i am shipping some stuff off call back later" and never got ahold of the guy again..I guess i will just go with the guy who did my blaster motor..I wanted to try out somebody new, but if you can't get ahold of them to set up work, you can't trust your parts to be sent there(no disrespect intended)