Welp, bought a beat machine

409Banshee

As the title says. Boy am I pissed, but I guess this can be expected from a used machine. I took it apart, only to find this: all kinds of mismatched bolts, some are missing and the ones in place are not the right ones, engine is not what the seller said it was (it is a big bore, no stroker crank) carbs are ???? cuz I ordered a new cable from Rocky Mountain for stock carbs without TORS and it doesn't fit. The swingarm I believe is toast because I had to cut off the bolt from the insides of the frame on both sides, but now that piece that is still in the arm is stuck and will not come out. I heated up with MAPP gas and it did nada,and I don't want to break out the oxy acetylene torch cuz that will melt the swingarm. Anyone got an idea on how to attempt to try to get this bolt out? I have hammered away on this to no avail and I'm on my last nerve with this thing. :angry:

Shoot some panther piss in both sides, like WD-40, and let it set, then beat the shit out of it again. Sounds like it's probably rusted in place. If you have the swingarm out, you can put some diesel in a big pan, and stick the bolt end in the pan and let it soak. Might take a few hours or a few days, but I'm sure you're gonna have to get a BFH, and beat the crap out of it some more. banghead

maybe with an air hammer? or just keep pounding the shit out of it. i agree though, if you have it off, let it soak for a while first. if you get it out, a new bolt and bushings should be all you need. good luck. B)

Fast: I've sprayed 1 can of WD, 1 can of PB Blaster and some stuff called Croil into this thing and it ain't working! I'll have to hijack some diesel from the shop. Doesn't hurt to try at this point. Been working on this for almost 2 weeks!

Milo: You may be my savior! I forgot about that handy little tool. Will have to try that.

Is it possible that something in there is bent just enough not to let that bolt out? Just my 2 cents, cuz who's to say that this wasn't crashed hard, fixed and put back together just to make a few $$$.

been threw this exact same senario with my buddys shee get out the sawsall and cut either side, all parts are avail from Yamaha

409Banshee,

How much is your time/physical effort/phychological well-being worth? A few months ago I picked up a stock swingarm with very good bearings on FleaBay for $50, including shipping.

You might be better off tossing it.

458608[/snapback]

Ain't worth too much now anymore. I've beaten on this thing so bad that I have dented the frame in a few spots. I thought about getting a new or used swinger, but at this point, it's gonna be worth it.

before you cut it out, i spent almost a week pounding on my bolt and it didn't budge, same exact problem u have...i ended up starting with a smallish drill bit and working up to the 5/8" size bit on each side(do 1 side more than the other so u can hold the nut or bolt head to keep the bolt from spinning with the drill bit)..just drill away with a strong corded drill and you'll get it...took a good 2-3 hours of drilling/sharpening but it's worth it..unless your swinger is junk anyways, good luck man i've been there and done that

~Mark~