Paintball

Just curious who all on here plays some paintball. If you do what kind of gun setup you got? I just recently bought a Spyder Electra ACS. Seems really nice...haven't really had a chance to shoot it yet. Says it's supposed to shoot up to 30 balls per second. I guess i'll just have to see for myself this weekend.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to go every now and then, it's hella good time with 5 or 6 friends on a Sunday afternoon. I'm using a Tippman M98 with DYE Boomstick barrel. Its not an electronic marker, so no, it won't spray paint all over the place, but it is a good woods gun and extremely reliable.

i love a good game of shoot em up those electras are nice i have a black and chrome spyder shutter with scott anti fog mask havnt played latelly but looking for a game those elec. triggers are nice i was considering getting one but i go through paint fast enough as it is :D

I've got a Spyder TL Plus, with a DYE 14" barrel. I'm not much for tourney playing so the electronic isn't a necessity. I'm a sniper at heart, so going a round for 6-10 great shots is what I love, but it will lay paint when necessary. Haven't played in a while, but literally just polished it up the other day, thinking about playing soon hopefully. :headbang:

I used to play, although I couldn't afford the banshee and paintball so paintball went. Had a Matrix when I quit. Damn nice gun too. Quiet as hell, didn't kick at all, and was accurate as hell. I have 2 good friends that still play, on professional teams. The one plays for Femme Fatale. I only wish I had the money to play on a national circuit like that.

For those with the DYE barrels...did you notice a difference in the accuracy or distance? I've heard alot of good things about Dye barrels. My Electra came with a pretty good barrel that's rifled inside. Seemed to shoot pretty nice but there is always room for improvement. Just wondering is the extra money is worth spending on a new barrel. I love the e-markers. I wouldn't go back to a manual trigger. I've played with a Tippman 98 before which they are nice a reliable but you can't shoot them as fast as an e-marker. Most of my friends play with manual triggers so I'll see how I match up to them this weekend. We usually play with 8-10 people which ain't bad. The more the better I think.

first time i went paintballing i used a slingshot haha while my buds had thos shitty plastic pump guns it was fun as hel i ended up looking like a smurf

For those with the DYE barrels...did you notice a difference in the accuracy or distance?  I've heard alot of good things about Dye barrels.  My Electra came with a pretty good barrel that's rifled inside.  Seemed to shoot pretty nice but there is always room for improvement.  Just wondering is the extra money is worth spending on a new barrel.  I love the e-markers.  I wouldn't go back to a manual trigger.  I've played with a Tippman 98 before which they are nice a reliable but you can't shoot them as fast as an e-marker.  Most of my friends play with manual triggers so I'll see how I match up to them this weekend.  We usually play with 8-10 people which ain't bad.  The more the better I think.

457912[/snapback]

The barrel only matters so much as it matches the paint. All of them are honed aluminum tubes, and they are all straight. If you have paint that fits your barrel, then you have the most accurate barrel. And while the rifling sounds like a good idea, it doesn't work in paintball. The balls are too big, and traveling too slow to impart enough spin for it to work like a rifle. Tom Kaye of Airgun Designs did alot of research back in the early days of paintball, and rifled barrels was one of the things he disproved for paintball. The upside of them though is they tend to be a little more forgiving on your paint to barrel match, so they aren't completely useless.

I just charged mine up last night for the first time in a couple years. I've got a spyder shutter with the electronic trigger added, electric hopper so I can go full auto. I also use a J&J ceramic barrel which is the best barrel I have ever used, I never have broken ball problems even up to 15 bps with it. The ceramic barrel is teflon impregnated so if a ball would feed wrong and get chopped it will basically run out the barrel when you point it down and be ready to go again.

Guest nightmare
first time i went paintballing i used a slingshot haha while my buds had thos shitty plastic pump guns it was fun as hel i ended up looking like a smurf

457918[/snapback]

I used a slingshot too. I don't play anymore, but when I quit I had a Spyder Compact. 8 years ago that gun was cool, probably would suck now. I thought about getting back into it, but I don't know about any of the guns anymore. Are the Spyders still good, because I seen them at Walmart now.

really i have a rifled barrel and i can see them spin when they come out

457925[/snapback]

Oh yeah, they still spin, but they aren't spinning fast enough to get the gyroscopic effect that you get with bullets. I can't remember exact numbers, but for the paintball to get stabilization from the spin, its got to be spinning several thousand rpm.

Personally I like Dye barrels, nice and quiet, and they have different size backs.