Z-28 Concepts

thegroup

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't rule out the upcoming Shelby GT500 Stang at 425-450 HP it's no slouch.

457663[/snapback]

Yeah, but they're cheating, since they're boosted. :P

I'm pysched about this new Camaro, I'm saving my pennies already! Hey thegroup, are you a part of z28.com? I've been on that forum for about 2 years, I have a '94 Trans Am M6. :cheers:

not bad, funny how history repeats it's self! first the mustang ,then the others watch them sell like hot cakes and want in on the action! I've been predicting this for over 12 years! New Camaro and Dodge Challenger it's about time!! love them all, owned them all to. 1969 SS350 Camaro dragcar . 1969 RS/SS 396 fully loaded coupe. 1967 Barracuda fastback . 1971 Barracuda .1971 Barracuda prostreet 440 :evil: .1995 GT Mustang. Plus all the muscle I helped the old man build.

Yeah, but they're cheating, since they're boosted. :P

I'm pysched about this new Camaro, I'm saving my pennies already! Hey thegroup, are you a part of z28.com? I've been on that forum for about 2 years, I have a '94 Trans Am M6. :cheers:

457733[/snapback]

kindof, i get the newsletter(how i found out about this) but im hardly on there

not bad, funny how history repeats it's self! first the mustang ,then the others watch them sell like hot cakes and want in on the action!  I've been predicting this for over 12 years! New Camaro and Dodge Challenger it's about time!! love them all, owned them all to. 1969 SS350 Camaro dragcar . 1969 RS/SS 396 fully loaded coupe. 1967 Barracuda fastback . 1971 Barracuda .1971 Barracuda prostreet 440 :evil:  .1995 GT Mustang. Plus all the muscle I helped the old man build.

457751[/snapback]

Ya, ive got my 94, dads got a 70 Camaro fully restore by him(soon to have a mean 327 in it :evil: got pics from start to finish) and as parts cars hes got a 71(going to the strip in the future) 73, 77, and he just got rid a of a 80 TA. if u cant tell the BOWTIE is the only way to go in our family :headbang:

I still like this from GM High-Tech (Feb. 06)

25 Reasons Why GM Needs To Build a New Camaro

25. V-8, rear-wheel-drive coupes are finally back in style

24."Zeta-lite" sounds futuristic and cool

23. A redesign gives GM the opportunity to recapture the non-enthusiast segment that it lost with Forth-gen cars (proud owner and i dont give a fuck who u r)

22. "GTO vs. Mustang" sounds ok, but doesn't have that same ring to it.

21. If they don't, Dynacorn Classic Bodies might beat them to the punch.

20. Gold-chain and musk wearing, Z28-loving jabronies have moved on to imports, making them even more annoying

19. B/c a lineup of SS vehicles in't completel w/o "Camaro SS"

18. Z28

17. F-body business is down at our favorite retail and service shops

16. B/c weeines have mid-life crises think their 300-hp Mustangs GTs are fast(aint that the truth)

15. GM's Displacemtn on Demand V-8s could prove to the world that great power and excellent fuel economy could co-exist in a high-volume musclecar

14. B/c Ford guys are to damn smug these days

13. LS 3 V-8

12. 2003 was the first time in the last 35 yrs that a new Camaro wasn't on the road

11.Automotive journalists could finally stop peppering GM Communications with "when are you building the new Camaro" questions

10. A hell of a lot more ppl can afford a $26,000 new car than a $34,000 new car

9. GM's impeccably designed, astoundingly powerful engines need a stylish new home

8. Where else will hormone-carzed high school kids make out?

7. An LS-1 powered Z28 went high 12s with 305 hp. An LS2 or LS3-powered Camaro would haul ass

6. B/c the insurance rates of young men all across America are shamefully low

5. Idioti, tire-smoking antics are performed best ina a Camaro

4. Chicks dig it

3. To show the world that its stylists are cpable of proucing a bitchin' Camaro that we all can be pround of

2. B/c the 05 Mustang has Ford laughing all the way to the bank

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY GM NEEDS TO BUILD A NEW CAMARO:

1. It's an American icon that's been gone too long

Well there is good news... They usually tone down the extra bold crazy shit like the gold in the interior. then there is good stuff, like It's not a god damn four door like they seem to like doing to re-introduced muscle cars now days. Sounds like a win win situation. I've always loved camaros, another one has got to be a good thing! :cheers:

I'm kind of in shock.

Why didn't GM just do what they always do and bring out some mid sized 4 door sedan with an SS badge on it?

Hell, they probably still have all the stamping dies laying around a warehouse somewhere for the Lumina or even the Berretta. That would make a nice new Camaro. Toss in a stock I-4 with an optional V-6 coupled with an automatic transmission, plus they could make it FWD. Cup holders, quiet interior, maybe offer a "sport" package.

It would be just like the original.

You can tell I'm a little more than dissapointed with GM, but after they did what they did with the short lived Impala, then axing the Camaro and TA due to "low sales" I came to the conclusion that the powers that be at GM collectively have their heads up each others asses.

I hope they follow through with this car, and I hope it doesn't suck ass.

I would venture to say that the actual car produced (if there is one) will be a whole lot different than the concept. If it isn't, the price will be 10-12k more than the tag on a Mustang GT, and will result in the same problem they had with the F-body. Not to mention the fact that GM is talking about bankruptcy right now. Oh yeah, and Camaro's suck :dance: !

corner_updated.jpg

Brandon

Edited by PLAYRR2000

I would venture to say that the actual car produced (if there is one) will be a whole lot different than the concept. If it isn't, the price will be 10-12k more than the tag on a Mustang GT, and will result in the same problem they had with the F-body. Not to mention the fact that GM is talking about bankruptcy right now. Oh yeah, and Camaro's suck  :dance: !

Brandon

458007[/snapback]

"16. B/c weeines have mid-life crises think their 300-hp Mustangs GTs are fast"

just what the phrase says, its pretty sad that "out of date tech" is still out running the "new and improved" If ur going to dance, wear a BOWTIE. If ur Fucked On Race Day, u must be in a FORD.

"16. B/c weeines have mid-life crises think their 300-hp Mustangs GTs are fast"

just what the phrase says, its pretty sad that "out of date tech" is still out running the "new and improved" If ur going to dance, wear a BOWTIE. If ur Fucked On Race Day, u must be in a FORD.

458011[/snapback]

You mean first on race day. I will forgive the typo. WARNING: It is now illegal to operate a Crapmaro without a class 2 mullet :headbang:

It's all in good fun. I really don't have anything against the Camaro. Their not my style, but serve their purpose. I'm just giving you a hard time. Oh, and my Stang in the pic above dyno'd 426hp/444ft/lbs, so I don't think the 300hp GT's are fast (I refuse to buy a 4.6L anyway), although they do have better #'s than the Hemi Charger, and are close to the GTO due to weight.

Brandon

Edited by PLAYRR2000