fit of cpis

sand rocket

Ive been trying to get the silencers to mount the same and im starting to banghead. The best i can get is about 1/2 in higher on one side. Dosent sound like much but, it is very noticable when you look at it from behind. If i mount them without the hangers in the rear, and just straight to the grab bar mounts its only 1/4 inch off. Will it cause prob in the future if i ditch the hangers? Any ideas?

When I put on my inframe Cpis I noticed that they were off too where they connect the head pipe to the silencers. I let it go, and choose not to mess with it. The hangers however have broken at least 5 times on me while in the dunes. My suggestion would be to let it go before you get too angery and really mess it up. :D

I put the springs on the pipes, then mount the silencers directly to the grab bar and subframe. Then, go and play with the front exhaust hanger to keep the pipe off the head. Then tightent he exhaust clamp. Never had a problem with my pipes hitting anything.

I just installed my CPI's on my banshee,It's got a vito's plate for the 4mm longrod so my fit should have been a little off but they fit like a glove!! nice and straight stem to stern they do lightly touch the frame in a couple of places but nothing to bitch about! I used the forward grab bar mount for the silencers if they are off it's maybe 1/8th of an inch lower on the left side.You would need x-ray vision to tell that it wasn't perfect! :whoa: