raptor 700r VS banshee!

hey i have had my banshee 4 a while now, and 99.9% of the people i talk to say that a 700r would eat up a banshee any day :yank: , which i think is not true i been dieing to catch a new 700r 2 race n prove every1 wrong ...what do you all think of the new 700r compairin 2 da banshee....bcuz its the banshee's last year you think they tried to replace the shee with a new raptor 700r?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i have had my banshee 4 a while now, and 99.9% of the people i talk to say that a 700r would eat up a banshee any day :yank: , which i think is not true i been dieing to catch a new 700r 2 race n prove every1 wrong ...what do you all think of the new 700r compairin 2 da banshee....bcuz its the banshee's last year you think they tried to replace the shee with a new raptor 700r?

437754[/snapback]

stock vs stock, the raptor would win. piped shee vs the 700 is probably a pretty decent matchup.

I think the raptor since inception was yamaha's replacement for the banshee.

so you would put ur money on the 700r then? banghead

437785[/snapback]

I don't get the question...

stock for stock, the 700 would be tough to beat

piped, it would come down to who knew how to ride better.

what I can tell you for certain, is that I've lost quite a few races to bikes I shouldn't have, and have beaten a fair share of bikes I shouldn't have.

All you can really look at in this general of a question is stock vs stock. You could make a moped beat a stock Banshee if you modded it enough. The Banshee really isn't that quick right out of the box but it responds VERY well to mods. So, as stated earlier, stock vs stock the 700r would take it, and so would a few other quads, but start adding performance parts to the Shee and it will soon end up on top.

IMO, if you put the SAME amount of $ into each quad, the Banshee will end up with TWICE the power of a 700, 450, 400, ect.

I have around $1100 into my Shee's motor including labor and it dyno'd close to 64hp, I don't think a 700 could touch that.

I don't get the question...

stock for stock, the 700 would be tough to beat

piped, it would come down to who knew how to ride better.

what I can tell you for certain, is that I've lost quite a few races to bikes I shouldn't have, and have beaten a fair share of bikes I shouldn't have.

437804[/snapback]

I like your answer...I have had the exact same thing both ways happen to me. It's got allot to do with each competitor run each time. Depends on how both riders handle their ride. Nobodys perfect on each & every drag race.

Run it & let us know how you make out.

I've seen quite a few drags and all I have to say is The 700r's aren't slow..

700r vs. Banshee stock.. most likely 700 wins..

700r (stock) vs. Banshee (CPI pipes) .. the banshee will most likely win..(But I saw a couple of drags where the 700r took the shee)

Don't underestimate the 700r, it really is a badass quad..

But..

Notice how I said most likely .. Becuase in reality.. it is 90% rider and 10% bike.. I've seen a stock raptor beat a piped one.. Hell, I've seen alot of things that should'nt have happened.. But its the rider that makes the differnce in the quad.

All you can really look at in this general of a question is stock vs stock.  You could make a moped beat a stock Banshee if you modded it enough.  The Banshee really isn't that quick right out of the box but it responds VERY well to mods.  So, as stated earlier, stock vs stock the 700r would take it,  and so would a few other quads, but start adding performance parts to the Shee and it will soon end up on top.

IMO, if you put the SAME amount of $ into each quad, the Banshee will end up with TWICE the power of a 700, 450, 400, ect.

I have around $1100 into my Shee's motor including labor and it dyno'd close to 64hp, I don't think a 700 could touch that.

437852[/snapback]

Exactly. No 4 stroke will respond to mods as drasticly as the banshee (2 stroke). The 4 strokes most likely will never have the power characteristics of a banshee either. Yeah a 700R might beat it out of the crate but there just isn't any replacement for the lightswitch power of a banshee especially in the sand. It all comes down to diff. strokes for diff. folks. It's a 2 STROKE FOR ME!