Need more bottom end!

NECK

Contemplating a new set up this winter. I'm loking for more bottom end, where i ride, I'm lucky to get into 4th, let alone 5th and 6th. My current mods: T6's, 280 mains, 19cc cool heads, adv timing 5 deg. K&N air filter, that's about it performance wise. I'm looking into reeds and gearing, they're still stock. Would this be enough to notice a big difference, or do I need to start looking for a whole new set up (exhaust, etc.) ? Also, if I go to 22" rear tires, is a 1 tooth reduction in the front good enough to compensate for that?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

i had tr-6's on my banshee, when i bought it, it had t-5's i switched to the t-6's and am now back to the t-5's. they pull harder on the bottom for me, plus i went to a single 35mm and the damn thing lugs all day long now, almost will idle up a hill.. if you drop a tooth you will feel it, but you will have to shift more.. hope that helps

If you have the money to spend, I suggest changing to Paul Turner Mid-range pipes. You will get power right off idle. They will go well with your advanced timing and increased compression. They do rev out much quicker than other pipes, but all you have to do is shift. I ride mostly trails, but I love them in the dunes as well.

Lowering the gearing will help, but as mentioned will require you to shift more. For more low end power, I highly recomend the 2 into 1 carb. I like them so well that I have them on both mine and my wifes Banshee. Porting can also help with the low end, so long as the person who is doing the work knows what he is doing, and knows that you are looking mostly for low end and not top end. If it is ported with a race or drag port, you will end up with alot more top end, but may actually loose bottem end. And of course more displacement from a big bore or stroker will help bottom end, but the cost is high. Also, some have mentioned that Vforce reeds will help bottom end, but I dont think it will be nearly as much as the 2-1 carb.

ya 2 into 1 carb for sure

you can run a 2 into 1 pipe too, i have duals and the 2 into 1 pipe and the 2 into 1 has bucket loads of mroe bottom end, but the powerband doesnt hit quite as hard and the top end does lack

advance your timing to +7, make sure you run a high octane fuel

and if you can put 18 inch tires on back, alot easier to pull than a 20, smaller tire will help the bottom