Glamis on Thanksgiving...........

Animalman294

We are planning on going for the first time on Thanksgiving weekend and wondered how it was. I hear the weather is great at that time. Anyone with info I would like to hear from ya. What are the fees like, and is there a noise curfew now or times that you can't run the hills? Thanks for the info....................

$90 for the season pass. $25 for the week.

Hour after sunset to hour before sunrise at Olds and Comp.

Supposedly noise restrictions on pipes. yet to hear of it enforced.

Crowds will be extreme in size and sand will be chopped as hell. If there has been rain in the weeks before, it will be almost unrideable.

My reccomendation. take a vacation for any other week. I'm staying home this Thanksgiving.

If you cant go any other weekend, camp at the washes. the farther down the better. Less crowded, less dust, less noise and disruptions. If you try and camp on Gecko, you will regret it unless you want the "Quicksand" experience.

I agree with 88. Glamis is always a crazy ass place these days. Can't really relax and enjoy the time in the desert! On big weekends it is just unreal. It's gets really dangerous out there too. Stay away from gecko. If you want a more relaxing place, go to Gordon's Well and camp at Olgilbe. It's much less crowded over there. :cheers:

Ogilby? Bit TOO quiet there. Too far from real dunes. Gordons will be just as packed and really hard to find your way around the flats at night.

Oldsmobile will be packed all day and every day for Tday. Laterally from washes to Gecko will have lots of traffic and tore up sand. Hopefully you are camping with people who can navigate Glamis. Stay in the Southern part of Glamis. Rides to and from China Wall will still be sweet. All the kooks will be in high visibility areas so they can all make jackasses of themselves and watch others do the same. Brawler Slide and Lizard Hill will also be low traffic destinations with pretty good sand.

• 2 weeks later...

Sience when did they close olds at night??Last year it was just comp closed on holiday weekends and the asa site says that its still just comp closed at night???

Don't let these guys scare ya we went down for the first time last thanksgiving and I expected it to be wild and crazy and it was really pretty tame and whatever you do do not camp in the washes unless you dont mind dust.....

We will be camping on gecko and will be rolling in on the evening of the 16th send me a pm if you wanna hook up you guys are more then welcome to camp with us so long as you like to :cheers: cause we get er on....

I'll be out in the washes for Halloween.

Olds has no "official" curfew. Due to the Comp closures at night, the kook crowds have moved over to Olds. Several times last year, the Law had to come in and sweep the place clean. Pepperballs were even used to disperse people.

Checkpoints were used a few times going down Olds road. Main purpose is to deter Truck Punks going out there to just party and trash the place.

I'm not trying to scare any newbies. Just stating the facts. I know some guys want to see/be in all the "Quicksand" style action and bullshit. If you want it, it's not hard to find. Just dont get pissed when some Vato Locos jump you and your bike or the cops bean bag your ass.

I understand what your saying but I have been down there the past 3 years in a row and in 03 it was crazy but It is nothing like it used to be We even rode our bikes down to olds at about midnight one night and dident see half the shit ya saw at comp in 02 and 03 so honestly there isent as big of a worry as there was 3 years ago..Plus the cop presence has almost tripled out there....

• 3 weeks later...