RNBRAD: NEED YOUR OPINION ON TRINITY PIPES

sandman

I'd love to see RNBRAD test out several pipes on his motor so we could get an apples to apples comparison of pipes on the same motor/dyno.  Hell, I'd even pitch in some money to help ship the stuff or pay for dyno time if anyone has some pipes laying around.

Anyway, anything that helps us all out with gathering information, I'm all for.

411945[/snapback]

Hopefully I can get some dyno time in soon. I may do that instead of going to sandfest. I'd definitely like to see the numbers from these pipes as well as others.

Sandman you test these pipes and find out for yourself if you like them or not. If we based our decision solely on what the big name guys used, we wouldn't use rocket or trinity as well as many other good pipes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok one last question RNBRAD. I'm hearing of clearance issues with the trinity's in relation to the pods. I have 28mm carbs with K&N pods. Plus I've got the larger style pods at least there bigger than the ones I took off to replace. My FMF"S barely touch the left pod. I have pulled it over just enough with tie wraps to clear. Will I run into a big clearance issue with the trinity's? Do you or anyone else who has trinity's mind posting a pic. here so I can see how the trinity's lay in there. If they don't rub anymore than the FMF's I'm cooool wit dat. Just want to be sure.

Thanks yet again!!! :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I may get bashed for having Trinity pipes from what it sounds like but, I've had three different sets of pipes on mine and I can honestly say that the Trinity's feel to pull much harder and higher in the rpm range. I've had T5's, T6's, and now the Trinity's. When I first put these pipes on I took it out for a ride. I thought I was in sixth gear topped out, but come to find out I was just in fifth. I couldn't believe how long and hard they pulled. Just my opinion. Hell try the 30 days, borrow a buddies pipes feel the difference, then keep them or send them back.

Ok one last question RNBRAD. I'm hearing of clearance issues with the trinity's in relation to the pods. I have 28mm carbs with K&N pods. Plus I've got the larger style pods at least there bigger than the ones I took off to replace. My FMF"S barely touch the left pod. I have pulled it over just enough with tie wraps to clear. Will I run into a big clearance issue with the trinity's? Do you or anyone else who has trinity's mind posting a pic. here so I can see how the trinity's lay in there. If they don't rub anymore than the FMF's I'm cooool wit dat. Just want to be sure.

415570[/snapback]

Sorry must of missed the post. I'm at work so I'll try and post a pic when I get home. The left filter will touch the left stinger but I didn't find that it was a big issue at all and they fit well. Cam2 had some problems with his fit and I really don't know what is the case with his pipes. Maybe some people are using different filter diameters, I'm unsure. I think mine are 3'' x 5'' pods.

415570[/snapback]

Next time you order new filters order them with a 10 degree angle so they will clear your pipes. I use RU-1090's 3.5" wide 6" long with a 10 degree angle and they work fine. These work on 33-35 pwk and equal sized carbs.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be afraid, you will definitely like the Trinity's. I know that CPI's and Shearers make more HP but for all around use the trinity's are by far the best out there IMO. I have tride them all including the above and LRD, Rockets, FMF's, Toomeys and the like and none of them compare to the trinity's. Another thing is the quality, they fit awesome and look great too, they make really good bottome end power and keep pulling until your porting limits the bike. My bike will pull good power all the way out to 11,000 and sometimes it seems there is more left in it.

Mine clear the pod filters wtih room to spare. I too always had the problem of the pipe riding on the filter but if you use about a 4" peice of PVC to move the filters back and then use a angled filter you will have plenty of room.

426246[/snapback]

how well do the trinitys react to porting? Or are they more like T6's which are for non-modified motors?

how well do the trinitys react to porting? Or are they more like T6's which are for non-modified motors?

428512[/snapback]

The trinity's were designed for ported motors though they perform well with stock motors too. The Nmotion team is using them on their 7mil cheetah cubs with outstanding results. How they come to use trinity pipes when they sell cpi is beyond me. :huh:

Here's a pic I forgot to post earlier. Stinger clearance wasn't really an issue for me.

Trinitystingerclearance.jpg

They do look close but certainly manageable in relation to clearing the pods. My FMF's were a little close also & I took a tie wrap & lassoed the filter so to speak & gently pulled it slightly toward the center enough to clear. I just wanted to make sure the Trinity's weren't so close that I wouldn't be able to come up with something.

RNBRAD & eveyone else thanks for the follow up responses. I think it's time for me to place an order! I will probably call Trinity this week & ask for Brock since he seems to be loyal around here, & have him send out a set.

:notworthy:

Thanks, Chad.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a good all around dune motor. I don't think a banshee even stock is good for trails.  :P

411891[/snapback]

I ride my banshee all day on trails, it's takes some time to get used to, but there are tricks to riding trials with a dune bike. I can pass anyone on a hill climb. The pain in the ass is tight cornering, with that solid axle it can be a pain. I just put some extra air in the back tires so I can break them loose easier.

The trinity's were designed for ported motors though they perform well with stock motors too. The Nmotion team is using them on their 7mil cheetah cubs with outstanding results. How they come to use trinity pipes when they sell cpi is beyond me.  :huh:

Here's a pic I forgot to post earlier. Stinger clearance wasn't really an issue for me.

Trinitystingerclearance.jpg

428522[/snapback]

Nice wrapping...looks like it shouldn't be a problem and doesn't look bad either, nice job.