SON OF A BITCH!

Bansh88

IMS pegs came in today!  Got one on.  Broke a god damn bolt taking the other stocker off.  Now what?

407437[/snapback]

Center Punch Your Bolt First, Then If You Can Get A Left Handed Drill Bit A tad Smaller Then Your Bolt, Sometimes They Will Back Out While Your Drilling It.

if you buy a name brand easy out, craftsman, napa, american, you are more than likely not going to breack it, get the biggest easy out possible, spary some panther piss, on it lots of it let the piss sit for about an hour or so, try to back it out but not to much pressure, I had the same thing happen, I had to get one of them litte butane torches, the kind for solder, and heat it up a bit no prob then, good luck, its not as bad as it looks

I've done this before in the shop, so your mileage my vary...

But I've drilled a hole through the stuck bolt before using the easy out. Kinda lets some of the pressure off the threads. Not a whole lot, but it seems to help.

Those threads are 12mm, which is bigger than 7/16, but I'd sink a 1/4" drill down the middle first (REALLY IMPORTANT TO BE IN THE MIDDLE!) then maybe a 3/8" part way down.

Be careful as your drill will drift because you're using a hand drill. If you don't feel 100% about this, don't do it. You'll end up with even more problems.

When using a hand drill, it might also help if you can get your bike on its side and stable so you can drill downwards and keep that thing straight and also be able to use your body weight a little better.

Appling heat to the bolt will not help. It will make the bolt expand. If you apply heat to the frame, you will burn the paint. Get a dremmel, put a slot in the broken bolt as deep as you can go without getting into the threads. Get a straight slot or chisel and try to turn the bolt by holding the chisel to one side of your dremmel slot, then hit the end of the chisel with a hammer. All you need to do is break it loose, then use a big screw driver to remove it the rest of the way.

Lefty loosey, rightey tighty. ;)

Appling heat to the bolt will not help. It will make the bolt expand. If you apply heat to the frame, you will burn the paint. Get a dremmel, put a slot in the broken bolt as deep as you can go without getting into the threads. Get a straight slot or chisel and try to turn the bolt by holding the chisel to one side of your dremmel slot, then hit the end of the chisel with a hammer. All you need to do is break it loose, then use a big screw driver to remove it the rest of the way.

Lefty loosey, rightey tighty. ;)

407529[/snapback]

you read your clymer ! good studying hehehe

as for the thread creator ... your fucked lol ..... GOOD LUCK BUDDY