what else could it be?

i had to put a new crank in and go 0.30 over so i bought a new noss w/19 cc domes. the problem is the right side back fires while the left side seems to be fine. i used the advise i read on the hq and switched the plug wires with no change, also i switched carbs, no change. i switched reed cages, no change. both plug wires have spark and the carbs are set the same in every way the book (clymer & yamaha service manual) specifies. what am i missing? fyi my banshee has stock carbs except for the tors removal kit with 280 mains the needle is in the 4th pos. running turbo blue at 30:1 w/926 . toomey t5's at sea level and sport port if that matters. i know you guys can help me, this is all i think about and it is going to be the death of me please help

Did it run fine before you rebuilt it? Was it a total rebuild or just the top end? Could be the pickup coil gap, I had the same problem, it was running on one side and i switched the plugs and the problem didnt switch sides. I even put on a new coil, cdi, harness, fresh piston rings, gaskets, alot more - I had about the same problem. Truned out to be something simple like my pickup coil gap being off. Its supose to be .018 go check that... Just my 2 cents. That problem costed me about 3 months lmao :cry:

Edited by BansheeBoy17

i did not do a leak down test as of yet but i am finding a lot of raw fuel on the plug and in the jug. would this be a symptom of an air leak? i am having this problem at an idle i havent tried to bring it up past that for fear of more damage. i do have a boost bottle, as for as the seals they look ok, but what do i know? please run this info through your computers and tell me what to do pleeeaaase.

• 1 year later...

also i switched carbs, no change.

How did you switch carbs, stockers? Side to side...or with a different set? Reason I ask is they have a left and right carb...

Chock tube on? Get rid of that turbo blue BS. Unless you're running a lot of compression or timing (which, was not listed in your mods) all you need is pump gas.

I too say get a leak down tester and check....you could've very easily not sealed it up or installed the crank seals wrong....