Good swingarm for duning

Ultimateduner

Hey recently I got motor work done to my 2003 banshee. I got k&n airfilter, wiseco pistins and rings, cylinders bored, dune ported, and the head shaved. So I'm looking for a good swingarm size/performance. I only weight around 160 lbs so I makes it hard to keep the front tires on the ground with the stock swingarm. I was thinking of getting maybe a +4, but I'm not sure if that would be too big to use for duning. Also I wondering if anyone knew of a good swingarm brand. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Ultimateduner

I would higly recommend a 4" extended dune swng arm.

that is by far the best lenght in my opinion up to 75hp. any more i would go 6 or 8"

we have one of our dune bikes we ran a 4, 5 , 6, 8, and 10. and found the 4" gave the best all around performance with out sacrificing anything top to bottom.

I would higly recommend a 4" extended dune swng arm.

that is by far the best lenght in my opinion up to 75hp. any more i would go 6 or 8"

we have one of our dune bikes we ran a 4, 5 , 6, 8, and 10. and found the 4" gave the best all around performance with out sacrificing anything top to bottom.

401868[/snapback]

I agree, plus I'll amend mine just a bit to say I've seen a +2, +3, and a +4 do well.

+4 is great. You can stay with the stock shock too.

Get a swingarm that is strong! Thick walls and gussets. Even though you are light, a weak arm can come apart. believe me, I know. I've gone through 3 fuckin arms!

I don't reccomend the "bolt on" version. I had one. It sucked. Go with the round housing.

I bought one of those "bolt on" ones. Nothing fit right. All specs were off. especially where it bolted to the ale carrier. Came apart.

My replacement I got from a shithole Illegal Alien shop here in San Diego. Looked sweet. Was made like shit. Way too thin tubing. Came apart near the pivot area.

Next one was a replacemnet from the same shop. I got the rear shock revalved to prevent snaping. (the guy says that's why it broke even though he told me a stocker would be fine when I first bought it)

Well, this one broke too. Same spot. I had a friend weld up some gussets. The torch was burning right through the tubing it was so thin. He eventually patched the thing up and has lasted through this summer.

I bought one of those "bolt on" ones.  Nothing fit right.  All specs were off.  especially where it bolted to the ale carrier.  Came apart.

My replacement I got from a shithole Illegal Alien shop here in San Diego.  Looked sweet.  Was made like shit.  Way too thin tubing.  Came apart near the pivot area. 

Next one was a replacemnet from the same shop.  I got the rear shock revalved to prevent snaping. (the guy says that's why it broke even though he told me a stocker would be fine when I first bought it)

Well, this one broke too.  Same spot.  I had a friend weld up some gussets.  The torch was burning right through the tubing it was so thin.  He eventually patched the thing up and has lasted through this summer.

402054[/snapback]

It must have also been crap material. .065 chromoly is good for a drag swingarm, and I use .085 4130 for every swingarm I make. Super strong material, 3x the strength of mild steel, plus its DOM not electrical-welded seamed tubing which is really good for handrails and mail box posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help, I was leaning towards getting a +4 extented swingarm when I was looking through ebay. I found this one for $ 43, its only +2 but I think it will work out. Heres a picture of it, its used but the desription said it works well. It doesn't say who makes it, or how old it is either. <_<

Edited by Ultimateduner