Should'nt I be faster?

Ive got an 01' bansh with quite a few mods (check out my sig.).

With my set-up, you'ed think my quad is hella fast, but I lost to a mostly stock 05' bansh(I think he only had CPI's, pods, and gears).

What the hell

:cry:

It starts and runs pretty damn well-even at w.o.t.- though I do feel some hesitation-but not much at all.

When I was draggin, I started in 4th and dumped the clutch while pinned- and it launches freakin hard, then when i shift, it boggs out bad.

I have 19cc domes in it,and making 130psi. Should i go to 18's?? Im thinkin I mite because im gettin so much fuel from my Lectrons.

What do you guys think????

BHQ RULES :headbang::headbang:

P.S. Im not sure what kind of porting I have. Is there any way to find out just my measuring the intake ports?

Edited by hittintrees srh

If your starting in 4th, it sounds like your geared too low.  what's your gearing currently.  You want it to where 2nd is a little tall but just enough to get a good start.

401621[/snapback]

I still have stock gears front/rear. And is 130psi low?? if it was'nt for my port i'd be around 150. The top-end looked fine when I had the head off.

Could it be a reed problem? Eather way, Im tearin that f**ker down this weekend- It'll be fast-It had BETTER BE FAST!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the help so far- keep the suggestions coming please.

Well starting in fourth was a wrong idea on stock gears, But the problem still remains. It boggs really bad. Well I tore it down, I looked at the reeds, and the left side looks wierd.

Are the reeds supposed to sit flush against the cage? My left side reeds sit up about a millimeter. Ivew never seen a bad set so im not sure if thats bad or not. Could use some help here.

Thanx dudes. :cheers:

130psi on 19cc domes, you need to do a top end rebuild.

I have 155psi on 20cc domes.

4th gear starts, no way, rider error.

You should be starting in 2nd when dragging.

With a piped bike a 20cc domes, no way will the bike lose to a stock bike.

sorry dude, but it is the rider.

130psi on 19cc domes, you need to do a top end rebuild.

I have 155psi on 20cc domes.

4th gear starts, no way, rider error.

You should be starting in 2nd when dragging.

With a piped bike a 20cc domes, no way will the bike lose to a stock bike. 

sorry dude, but it is the rider.

402296[/snapback]

no shit, i have 21cc domes and i have higher compression then that. get some rings or something, then start in 1st or 2nd, have you been running high octain gas with those domes, anything under 20cc needs higher octain, might have burnt the rings some..... good luck, and let us know if it fixes your problem, till then i want to race..lol

Well starting in fourth was a wrong idea on stock gears, But the problem still remains. It boggs really bad.

it is going to bogg really bad if you try taking off in fourth gear.

did you even try to take off in first or second before you took it apart?