what is this stuff?

Bansh88

ha! Finally a topic in here. What exactly is this XC/hair scramble? races of some sort. You guys have a lot of these back east? We get some desert races out here But I think it's mostly pro stuff.

By the way, isn't it "hare" scramble?

ha!  Finally a topic in here.  What exactly is this XC/hair scramble?  races of some sort.  You guys have a lot of these back east?  We get some desert races out here But I think it's mostly pro stuff.

By the way, isn't it "hare" scramble?

386751[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd like to know too. ... And yes, I think it is 'hare scramble'.

Rare.

ha! Finally a topic in here. What exactly is this XC/hair scramble? races of some sort. You guys have a lot of these back east? We get some desert races out here But I think it's mostly pro stuff.

In Hair Scrambles and Enduros, there is a mass start. The races are broken into different classes. Races are run by the hour or by two hours, depending on the class.

I've been runnin' the XC races in West Texas lately, lotsa fun. Open A that I'm in runs an hour and a half plus a lap, last race in Stanton I did 6 laps on an 8.5 mile course...

BSJ411.jpg

Edited by BenBB

There is a lot more in the east. Where i go they let everyone loose within 10 minutes. Which is stupid cause the A-class quads and dirtbikes are on the same track as the little guys, and every jump you gotta be ready to bail if your on a collision course with a little guy. It's basically a short mild mx section, leading into a woods trail, into some tight turns and whoops, then several straights, a muddy section, and back to the big open starting area. You ride through sets of barrels with your class and the hot chicks write down your number (your riding number). Then you go around again. 6 miles per lap, 5-6 laps, about an hour - hour 1/2 long.

I've been runnin' the XC races in West Texas lately, lotsa fun.  Open A that I'm in runs an hour and a half plus a lap, last race in Stanton I did 6 laps on an 8.5 mile course...

BSJ411.jpg

387231[/snapback]

looks like you've been busy ben, good job on that second place finish in espanola. :headbang:

i do the hare scrambles out in so.cali. they usualy consist of 2-4 laps on a 20-50 mile looping course with the first 1-2 laps being shorter than the last ones.they are all run through natural desert terrain with no man made sections..if you have never tryed it you need to its a blast..you can also do what is called sweeper for these races to see what you are getting into..the sweepers leave after the last group of riders..usualy 5-10 mins after..they ride the course looking for riders in need of help..broken down crashed what ever..and report to the check points where the distressed rider is in order to get help to that rider..the cool thing is that the sweepers are not racing against the other racers but can ride the course at race speeds and learn how it works..the cool thing is that you dont need to pay to sweep like you do to race but you get the experiance so if you do want to race you have a heads up on how it will be..most race clubs that put these races on are awlys looking for some one to sweep the races and some will give you a small prize for doing it..after all you are providing a needed service to the racers and the orginizers..if you goto the ama.com site it gives you all the info on the scrambles..check with the local shops in your area and find out what district you are in or close to and get ahold of some of the clubs in that district and get involved..the scrambles are another excuse to ride and will improve your riding skills 10 fold. :bolt::cheers: