Cutting Front Fenders

BrianEb

Use electric tape to make the outline. It is very moveable and bendable to make any line you want and you can pull it off and on again. A dremmel melts really bad but it works. For a straight line, a Hacksaw works awesome!

Who needs a website?? I used a jizsaw and a handheld grinder... then some sandpaper..  :headbang:

Eric  :cheers:

387309[/snapback]

yea dude just layout some tape to make your cut, then use a cuttin wheel @ slow speeds, then use a little sand paper to cleen up your cut.

Its not hard, just take your time. It'll turn out fine im sure.

After you get it smooth with sandpaper, take a soldering torch, get a BLUE flame

(no soot) and lightly heat up the sanded edge. It will give it a glossy, rounded factory apperance. Try it on a scrap piece of fender to get the technique down.

• 3 weeks later...

easy draw the shape of the fender you want and then use a dremal with a cutting bit and cut away. like sandstar said, take a torch to the edges of the fenders and it will make it look factory, sort of. I also found that if your plastics have any stress marks in them from roll overs, take the torch to the spot. don't hold it on there for as long as the fender edges. you dont want to melt any of the plastic. here some pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/shee4202

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone want me to write up a tutorial on how to do this? I've got pics and such from when I did it and could write up a tutorial pretty quick (just like my YFZ450 Shox how-to in the supension forum).

Used electrical tape to mark the line, cut it with a jigsaw then basically smoothed and formed my edges with an angle diegrinder and 3m rol-loc polishing discs. Then I hit it with a cotton wheel and brought the edges to a factory shine.