banshee break-in FAILURE ?

Today was that day that my banshee was born after 2 months of death.

i was at the sea with that great lovely wind my banshee is still in break-in period i never throttled it even 15% only like 5%,ok so we were sitting and all of a sudden this damn fuckin cop car showed near us so i had no chance but to throttle it so they wont catch me anyway i ride my banshee with open throttle for maybe 20 seconds then i looked back and they were chasing my small bro with the trail blazer so i had nothing else but to throttle my banshee to hell to help my bro anyway my banshee went to full throttle in that chase for about 2 minutes then we had the chance to escape and lucky us we escaped from those ass-holes then i went riding my banshee back home in 25 % of throttle on street so that they cant chase me.

that's my story of today and MY QUESTION IS :

is there anyway thate i can re-break-in my motor ? i mean i lost the power right ? my banshee wont run as fast as it should be write ? plz tell me the truth

You will probably receive so many different answers about this just because there are so many different "theories" people go by....

Me, personally, I think as long as you heat cycled the engine before you rode it you should be just fine....but that's simply my opinion. When I built my engine all we did was heat cycle it, baby it for about 10 minutes afterwards, shut it down, and then rode it as hard as we normally do...haven't noticed any problems :shrugani:

I got my banshee brand new as a birthday gift and new nothing about break in on a two stroke, maybee I was to excited, so I rode the thing, screaming it up and down the feild, doin wheelies and power slides and riding some neighbouring trails. nedless to say this is the third season on the motor and it runs mint!!

I think break-in is overrated. Lots of guys do it and lots don't, but I know of a lot of bikes that were thrashed from day one and still running great years later on OEM topends. Same with my other addiction, jetboats. We baby a new motor for a couple of minutes, then run her like you stole her: 5 to 7 grand ever onward. No big problems or guys wouldn't still be doing it this way. Just my .02....

After my port job, the cylinder just needed to be honed a bit, and then re ringed the piston. It was NOT broken in by me, and I can tell you by the rubber left on the street that it was broken in by power braking it, drag racing it, and wide open runs up and down a deserted country road IN -10F WEATHER WITHOUT REJETTING and for some reason it still runs good 2 years later.

Personally I wanted to heat cycle it, check plugs..you know..stupid shit like that.

:cry:

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh IM HAPPPYYYYYY :D

THANKS GUYS I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA LOSE HALf OF MY BANSHEE'S POWER

i didnt break the law i ws on the sand far from the neighbor hood but those cops were young guys and wanted to have fun so they chased us, damn them i wish they role thier stupid pathfinder.

Why were you running from the cops in the first place?

385311[/snapback]

well...they dont allow people riding on streets in there but those fukin gay cops wantd to have fun so at first we stayed at the place thinking they wont do anything but then they stopped near us so we had to take off as fast as we can.

After my port job, the cylinder just needed to be honed a bit, and then re ringed the piston. It was NOT broken in by me, and I can tell you by the rubber left on the street that it was broken in by power braking it, drag racing it, and wide open runs up and down a deserted country road IN -10F WEATHER WITHOUT REJETTING and for some reason it still runs good 2 years later.

Personally I wanted to heat cycle it, check plugs..you know..stupid shit like that.

:cry:

385205[/snapback]

haha, you should see when i put one together out of the crate. its the mindset of: fuck break-in this is cool!

Stop rippin on the guy from takin off from the police, maybe he lives in an area like me you dont have the respectable protect you and shit kind of cops becuase there no crimes and nothing better for them to do extept chase atv riders and hand out speeding tickets, like here there high for the day is handing out a citatoin for atving or pulling you over and bitching at you becuase your sticker on your car is outdated by a day or 2, that said you lost no power from your banshee, just gotta make sure your rings seat properly and it NO joke when they sayre torque the head, after breakin mine in i re torqued the head to find all but 4 nuts able to be unscrewed by hand it was leakin coolent everywhere, anyway your shee will be fine mine has never really been riddin that easy during break in one of the 1st rides on my banshee after a new cranka nd pistons were installed i was racing a raptor through the gears, get out on it and enjoy it while that top end is still making compressoin

****ANother important thing mix you gas and oil on the rich side(more oil then you would normally mix) for the 1st few tanks****

Edited by Bansheeman1121

Like whoever said earlier there will be a bunch of diffrent answers. I have had my bike for 10+ years and i have done a brake in about every way from all the heat cycles to just firing it up and riding the piss out of it and never changing the gas oil mixture in anyway and have never noticed a diffrence one.

So in my opinion like someone also said earlier get on it and ride it while it is still making compression.

Later

It was explained to me like this:

An internal combustion engine is designed to do one thing:

Created Reciprocating Combustion+ Which Creates Torque = POWER

From Day one- that engine will run exactly the same with the same VARIABLES.

Timing+Fuel+Spark+Air= When none of these variables change, then the bike will always run great.

Now as far as breaking in goes- The studs/bolts expand and contract with heat of course- so when it's *BRAND NEW* they will change a little.

Heat Cycling is something that you should consider doing with brand new motors-

and at VERY least- Allow for proper warmup during first 5 hours of new motor- if not for the life of your machine.

Always remember- Regular Maintainance, Proper Lubrication, and RIDER EDUCATION- Not only keeps us running good, but ALIVE!

:cheers: