plugs

mud91

which one, B8es, or BR8es...

384789[/snapback]

B8ES is stock and is fine. The "R" doesn't mean it's a race plug or anything, just that it won't screw up your radio's reception :blink:

The "R" plug useless unless your going around with a computer control ignistion or anything with a cdi box or anything computerized. a normal plug could by chance affect your cdi and cause misfiring and a few other things. In general yah don't need to use them but there are condistion where it's a good idea.

The 'R' is for 'Resistor' and it's meant to cut down interference. It won't do much for you either way, but if you drive near a residential area they are a good idea. We (ATVer's and bikers) get a bad enough rap without screwing up people's TV's and radios. I always use BR8ES.

The 'R' is for 'Resistor' and it's meant to cut down interference.  It won't do much for you either way, but if you drive near a residential area they are a good idea.  We (ATVer's and bikers) get a bad enough rap without screwing up people's TV's and radios.  I always use BR8ES.

384886[/snapback]

U sayn it will mess up radio signals????????????????????????

U sayn  it will mess up radio signals????????????????????????

384943[/snapback]

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Here's what the NGK site says in their FAQ:

Q: When should I use a resistor spark plug?

A: NGK "R" or resistor spark plugs use a 5k ohm ceramic resistor in the spark plug to suppress ignition noise generated during sparking.

NGK strongly recommends using resistor spark plugs in any vehicle that uses on-board computer systems to monitor or control engine performance. This is because resistor spark plugs reduce electromagnetic interference with on-board electronics.

They are also recommended on any vehicle that has other on-board electronic systems such as engine-management computers, two-way radios, GPS systems, depth finders or whenever recommended by the manufacturer.

In fact, using a non-resistor plug in certain applications can actually cause the engine to suffer undesirable side effects such as an erratic idle, high-rpm misfire, engine run-on, power drop off at certain rpm levels and abnormal combustion.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Here's what the NGK site says in their FAQ:

Q: When should I use a resistor spark plug?

A: NGK "R" or resistor spark plugs use a 5k ohm ceramic resistor in the spark plug to suppress ignition noise generated during sparking.

NGK strongly recommends using resistor spark plugs in any vehicle that uses on-board computer systems to monitor or control engine performance. This is because resistor spark plugs reduce electromagnetic interference with on-board electronics.

They are also recommended on any vehicle that has other on-board electronic systems such as engine-management computers, two-way radios, GPS systems, depth finders or whenever recommended by the manufacturer.

In fact, using a non-resistor plug in certain applications can actually cause the engine to suffer undesirable side effects such as an erratic idle, high-rpm misfire, engine run-on, power drop off at certain rpm levels and abnormal combustion.

385005[/snapback]

thats nuts!!

• 2 months later...

I got an 04 banshee and it came stock with the BR8ES. I went back to the dealer and bought some plugs for it and they didnt have the BR8ES all they had was B8ES. I put those in and took them back out 5min later. The throttle response was noticbly slower and i just didnt like them. So I put the old ones back in(BR8ES) and have had them in now for almost 2 years. I have right now an all stock banshee, haven't modified anything yet.

I resistor plug helps to reduce[ onboard] noise.Like cutting down on the infamous motor wine on car stereos, cb radios on board tvs and and many more auto accessories.But driving by someones house and affecting their tv or stereo because you don't have a resistor plug.To that I call BULLSHIT..If I am wrong I am wrong but I still say BULLSHIT.

Edited by MDS2106