BLEW UP MOTOR ON BANSHEE/MAYBE CR,KX 500

O.K I BOUGHT A 1996 BANSHEE IN APRIL I WENT THRU THE HOLE BIKE AND CHANGED EVERY BEARING,CHAIN, SPROCKET ,PAINTED EVERYTHING BUT THE FRAME ONLY BECAUSE I WANTED TO DO THAT OVER THE WINTER.SO I FINIAL GET IT TOGETHER AND ME AND A FRIEND GO TO PA THERE IS A ATV PARK THERE SO ANY WAY WE GO RIDING EVERYTHING IS GOOD FOR ABOUT 2HRS THEN I COMMING DOWN A HILL AND SOMETHING LETS GO. SO I GET IT HOME WE PULL THE MOTOR OUT I FIND THAT THE CLUTCH BASKET HAS A TONE OF PLAY ALSO HAS A BENT TOOTH ON THE GEAR OF THE BASKET.THEN I FIND A METAL CHIP ABOUT 1/4 WIDE BY 1" LONG FOLDED OVER AND ITS THE SHAPE OF A GEAR TOOTH I HAVE NO IDEA WERE IT CAME FROM.THIS MUST HAVE CAUSED THE MESSED UP BASKET.THEN WE CRACK THE CASE OPEN TO CHECK THE LOWER END AND THE BEARINGS ARE I NEED OF CHANGE TRANS,AND CRANK .SO NOW IM TO THE POINT WERE DO I REPAIR WHAT I HAVE THE HOLE MOTOR TOP TO BOTTOM OR DO SOMETHING LIKE A RZ350 ENGINE SWAP OR EVEN A CR500 SWAP I DO HAVE A LEAD ON A KX500 1990 ENGINE I NEED SOME ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST BANSHEE AND I GETTING DISAPPOINTED ALREADY IM TO THE POINT I EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING IT I NEED SOME MOTOVATION SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a clymers manual and follow the directions. Use new or gently used parts. Get with people on here about how to do certain things that clymers isn't clear on. You will get her running in no time!!!!!

Jeez BIGBILL, my ears are ringing! If things are really fried and you have more bad parts than good, you should think about a used banshee motor on ebay. The 350 twin is a really strong motor, it beats the crap out of everything else out there in term of power and reliability, plus your bike will be correct and not a worthless "morphodite" when you are done.

it beats the crap out of everything else out there in term of power and reliability, plus your bike will be correct and not a worthless "morphodite" when you are done.

384800[/snapback]

ill bet both of my "worthless morphodite" quads i have will out run your "correct" bike...

Gee Loco, I'm sorry you were offended and felt the need to compare your machine to mine. A guy asked advice and I gave it. With a stock bore and stroke, my banshee is by no means the fastest, nor do I claim this. By the way, I have a CB 650 motor in my 87 LT250. I felt that the 650 was a worthwhile swap due to the poor quality of the original powerplant- as opposed to the superior 350 twin that Bill already has and might repair for little money and few hassles.

Gee Loco, I'm sorry you were offended and felt the need to compare your machine to mine. A guy asked advice and I gave it. With a stock bore and stroke, my banshee is by no means the fastest, nor do I claim this. By the way, I have a CB 650 motor in my 87 LT250. I felt that the 650 was a worthwhile swap due to the poor quality of the original powerplant- as opposed to the superior 350 twin that Bill already has and might repair for little money and few hassles.

386168[/snapback]

i wasnt offended, but to say its not "correct" is not really a true statement. some of the fastest bikes in the world are banshee frames with other motors in them. im not the fastest either but i know my cr500 banshee will flat out stomp a stock or even ported banshee anyday. and hassle you say?? i have never touched the cr500 motor except when i had the motor work done. i cant say that for the banshee motor.

:notworthy:

i wasnt offended, but to say its not "correct" is not really a true statement. some of the fastest bikes in the world are banshee frames with other motors in them. im not the fastest either but i know my cr500 banshee will flat out stomp a stock or even ported banshee anyday. and hassle you say?? i have never touched the cr500 motor except when i had the motor work done. i cant say that for the banshee motor.

386332[/snapback]

:notworthy::notworthy: