Silver lake June 24,25,26

Got a small group going up for the weekend. I should be pulling into town around noon on The 24th, ride the rest of the day, all day the 25th, and till about 2 or 3 on the 26th.

This is still a month out so there is plenty of time for you to plan for it. I really hope to meet some HQ'rs there :cheers:

Group this far includes me on my banshee, my G/F on her raptor, another 686 raptor, a DS 650 with a GXSR 750 motor, another DS, and two banshee's

Brian

I live on long Island, NY and am deff going to silver lake sometime this summer. I have some questions...

1) Can you camp on the beach?

2) Do you need spark arrestors, or are there noise regulations?

3) Do they rent paddle tires?

4) Could we bring a boat and go in the lake?

5) Can you night ride?

6) How is it for tent camping around late june, anytime july or august?

Edited by Brian060

no u cant camp on the beach

yes u need spark arrested silencers or spark arresters for the tips of exhaust

there are noise regulations but easily avoided

not sure about renting paddle tires but i know they have a store right next door where they have everything u need .... buying wise

parks shuts down at 8 or 9 pm so no night riding really

tent camping is pretty kool in june july august

yes u can bring a boat

Ill bring the beer :cheers:

376354[/snapback]

I am gonna hold you to that!

I am pretty sure that I will be out there that weekend, still a little far out for me to get a head count, but i need to get back to the dunes.

Silver city is the one with the 'outback' right? do you get a site or stay in the back?

Silver city is the one with the 'outback' right?  do you get a site or stay in the back?

377139[/snapback]

Not sure never stayed there before. As for where Im popping the tent... A buddy of mine reserved the site for both of us, so to be perfectly honest all I know is that is where I'm staying at.

Is this still on.  I HOPE to have my motor done by then.

378623[/snapback]

Damn right its still on! Get to wrenchin on that motor man! If you make it, we could test fit my shearers on your bike :cheers:

What are you guys riding / driving so i know what to look for? Ill put a long strip of duck tape on the whip of my flag right below the flag part. Look for a guy on a silver banshee riding on the edge and thinking he is fast :ph34r: ... Oh yea driving a red silverado extended cab

Damn right its still on! Get to wrenchin on that motor man! If you make it, we could test fit my shearers on your bike  :cheers:

What are you guys riding / driving so i know what to look for? Ill put a long strip  of duck tape on the whip of my flag right below the flag part. Look for a guy on a silver banshee riding on the edge and  thinking he is fast  :ph34r: ... Oh yea driving a red silverado extended cab

378761[/snapback]

I really want to make the trip, but my top end is not back from the builder yet. I don't want to rush him, but I have the patience of a 4 year old. I will let you know either way. banghead