Lightened fly wheel!

bansheeryder21

I know some people who have lightened fly wheels on their 250r's and they said they noticed a big difference all around. Does anyone have a lightened fly wheel and how are the results. Where can I order one and what's the price??? :confused:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the difference is huge in throttle response and quickness of the powerband,you want it my friend ,see boonman or banshee worx ,im thinking its like 60$ for boonmans service ,he will send you a pm :) its a very good mod bro :headbang:

I sent mine off last week to Boonman and also sent my shift star. I don't have it back yet, but when I do I will let you know my .02, but from what everybody has stated it should be pretty shweet. I can't wait to try it out.....................

As everyone also stated in previous posts, you need to send it to someone like Boonman or bdbanshee. The reason for that is because they do this mod for the banshee. Don't get me wrong you can take it to a local machine shop, but what you need to ask yourself is are they going to know how much material to remove and from where. These guys have done literally hundreds of these things, so we trust them to do a good job. Save yourself the trouble and just do it you wont regret the mod and for the money, it cant be beat........................... :cheers:

Is this something the average machine shop would know how to do?

369895[/snapback]

Yes. I had a trusted machine shop here in my town do my flywheel, turned out great! $90.00 though, a little on the pricey side. But I trust the shops work so its all good :D Boonman here on the forums is suppose to do some pretty damn good work from what I have heard though.

No, its really easy. Took me about an hour (damn newbie). The hardest part was trying to get the damn nut off. Most guys in here remove the nut with an impact gun, but if you are one of the lost souls like me and your shop isn't set up with alllllllll the toys then you have to improvize. In enters yamaha (tool-pack-under-the-seat) spark plug remover. As it turns out it is the perfect length to go from one of the little square blocks sticking out of the side of the wheel and the lip of the case towards the back of the bike. I put a little tension on the wheel with a socket wrench and voila' nut breaks loose with little effort and no damage to fly wheel.

A fly wheel remover is a must however, or you will severely kill your fly wheel taking it off. Under no circumstances are you to pull it with a jawed puller. The real puller is $9.95 made by Motion Pro and is worth the money to keep from destroying your wheel. Oh, and by the way the threads on the puller are reverse and with a little oil on the threads it will screw in really easy.

You can do it and when you get the wheel off send it to one of the machinists on here they are more than competant and will treat you good. Boonman should have mine by now or really close to it. I also tore the other side of the motor off, again about an hour, and removed the shift star for him to mod that too. Cheers :cheers:

Edited by Animalman294

• 2 weeks later...

Smoother shifts, and being able to find neutral when the bike is running. :clap: Always a plus. I don't recommend doing it untill you have to get into that side of the engine. You have to drain all the fluids, and get a new clutch gasket. Unless you can salvage your old one, which usually isn't the case. But, ti will make a noticeable difference, as will the flywheel. :cheers:

Get it man. I just got my flywheel lightened by boonman as well as my shift star last week and what a difference :):):) . It revs so fast and smooth. One thing I really like is now I can wheelie all day long and through all the gears. The throttle response is amazing after the flywheel has been lightened.