R Cheetah cubs Dune friendlyl

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they sure the hell would be better for dunes then woods and tight trails.

out in the open i bet they would be sweet. im sure they could handle the trails in most dunes.

Well Hey If you had a $1500 trail motor you could Brag to your friends about your 60 horsepower you will never use :) Muhehehehe

But if you had 100 horse duner I am sure you will use all of it most of the Time.

Some questions on this forum Just Plan Wig my Ass out. This mindset of making a trail machine out of a motor desgined to Screem That is what Banshee Means to

S C R E E M :bolt: ,This is the main reason Calvin Pollet make the Cub.

And you DON"T SCREEM IN THE TRAILs PEOPLE.You trial in a Jeep Not an Indy Car.

My personal Though is Don't waste the desgin & your money biulding a Slow poke Just Buy a 4 stroke for the Best trail machine. you will be alot happier, faster & richer.

I now resent that comment.... :rolleyes:

369397[/snapback]

Well you took it better than Bogart.

Maybe because You understand Me a little Better Since We Both Jeep.

And i posted this line.

.You trial in a Jeep Not an Indy Car

4 stroke Atv make damm good Trail machines V twin torque and 4 wheel drive hard to beat.

Also to me a trial is not much faster than 10 mph max. Whats a trial mean to you Sredish?

i have to say that i fuckin fly in the trails. there is no sittin back and takin it easy. i really havent rode a banshee in the trails since last time i rode the cr500 banshee in the trails. i been riding the 450 and i think that it makes a good trail bike that can pound thru the trails with no problems. id have to say i go a little faster than 10mph but i dont get into 5th gear wot...

man-o-man you guys are just trying to start shit :clap: . I would say 90% of my riding is at Sand Mountain NV. So, from what I understand (from a previous post) is that I would have one kick ass shee to fly and tear around sand mountain. Sounds pretty sweet to me, thanks for all the input Loco.........keep it real

Whats a trial mean to you Sredish?

369406[/snapback]

Let me hop on my horse real quick.... :blink:

I hardly ever "trail ride". If I'm not racing, I'm out "training" for the next one, so I try to keep a good race pace wherever I'm at. Honestly, I get bored as fook meandering down the trails like a 10 year old.

Now, I've been on rides with peeps, some racers, some not, where we're riding in a 6 or 7 person group through trails similar to xc courses (where I'd normally be riding race pace in for practice) and most of them are like, "man, we were flying through those trails". Well, that's when I'd say, "your only at 60% if you wanna keep up with anyone in a race."

There's NO trail ride that compares to racing. Sure, a person can ride "fast trails" or whatever, but nothing, not even my "race pace" practice can compare to actual race conditions. And anyone that thinks they ride trail at a speed that would be competitive in race conditions are kidding themselves. Also, when most people are riding trail, they stop every 15 minutes to catch their breath, or grab a drink, or just bullshit. That don't happen in a race either.

Sure, you can ride trails fast in a banshee, a 4stroke, a drag bike, whatever, but the tighter the powerband, and peakier the motor, the harder it'll be on you to maintain a fast speed. Hence, why 4 strokes are so easy, the smooth powerband. I have a banshee sitting in the shop and a 450r. I can easily ride my 450r through fast trails and race conditions faster and longer than I could my banshee, and my banshee was setup for it; single carb, PT mids, woods port and so on but it's still no match for the 4-stroke power. I use to believe the pros did it SOLELY because the mfg's gave them the machines, but I now know that is NOT the case. You hop on a well setup 4 stroke with good suspension and decent motor mods and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ok, I'll got off my horse, I must not be in a good mood this morning... hell, did I even answer your question?? don't remember what it is :rolleyes:

I hardly ever "trail ride".  If I'm not racing, I'm out "training" for the next one, so I try to keep a good race pace wherever I'm at.  Honestly, I get bored as fook meandering down the trails like a 10 year old. 

Now, I've been on rides with peeps, some racers, some not, where we're riding in a 6 or 7 person group through trails similar to xc courses (where I'd normally be riding race pace in for practice) and most of them are like, "man, we were flying through those trails".  Well, that's when I'd say, "your only at 60% if you wanna keep up with anyone in a race."

There's NO trail ride that compares to racing.  Sure, a person can ride "fast trails" or whatever, but nothing, not even my "race pace" practice can compare to actual race conditions.  And anyone that thinks they ride trail at a speed that would be competitive in race conditions are kidding themselves.  Also, when most people are riding trail, they stop every 15 minutes to catch their breath, or grab a drink, or just bullshit.  That don't happen in a race either.

Sure, you can ride trails fast in a banshee, a 4stroke, a drag bike, whatever, but the tighter the powerband, and peakier the motor, the harder it'll be on you to maintain a fast speed.  Hence, why 4 strokes are so easy, the smooth powerband.  I have a banshee sitting in the shop and a 450r.  I can easily ride my 450r through fast trails and race conditions faster and longer than I could my banshee, and my banshee was setup for it; single carb, PT mids, woods port and so on but it's still no match for the 4-stroke power.  I use to believe the pros did it SOLELY because the mfg's gave them the machines, but I now know that is NOT the case.  You hop on a well setup 4 stroke with good suspension and decent motor mods and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Ok, I'll got off my horse, I must not be in a good mood this morning...    hell, did I even answer your question??  don't remember what it is :rolleyes:

369485[/snapback]

well said "COWBOY" :jesterlaugh:

I hardly ever "trail ride".  If I'm not racing, I'm out "training" for the next one, so I try to keep a good race pace wherever I'm at.  Honestly, I get bored as fook meandering down the trails like a 10 year old. 

Now, I've been on rides with peeps, some racers, some not, where we're riding in a 6 or 7 person group through trails similar to xc courses (where I'd normally be riding race pace in for practice) and most of them are like, "man, we were flying through those trails".  Well, that's when I'd say, "your only at 60% if you wanna keep up with anyone in a race."

There's NO trail ride that compares to racing.  Sure, a person can ride "fast trails" or whatever, but nothing, not even my "race pace" practice can compare to actual race conditions.  And anyone that thinks they ride trail at a speed that would be competitive in race conditions are kidding themselves.  Also, when most people are riding trail, they stop every 15 minutes to catch their breath, or grab a drink, or just bullshit.  That don't happen in a race either.

Sure, you can ride trails fast in a banshee, a 4stroke, a drag bike, whatever, but the tighter the powerband, and peakier the motor, the harder it'll be on you to maintain a fast speed.  Hence, why 4 strokes are so easy, the smooth powerband.  I have a banshee sitting in the shop and a 450r.  I can easily ride my 450r through fast trails and race conditions faster and longer than I could my banshee, and my banshee was setup for it; single carb, PT mids, woods port and so on but it's still no match for the 4-stroke power.  I use to believe the pros did it SOLELY because the mfg's gave them the machines, but I now know that is NOT the case.  You hop on a well setup 4 stroke with good suspension and decent motor mods and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Ok, I'll got off my horse, I must not be in a good mood this morning...    hell, did I even answer your question??  don't remember what it is :rolleyes:

369485[/snapback]

Yes you did :)

Riding style, Riding terrian, Machine setup style, Can be done with lot of combonations. But the One Combo that works best. Is A 4 stoke.

Well Horse style would be my choice.:)

Loca Up Here the Trail are Some of the Rockys Mothers you have every Seen, The small rocks are the size of your front tire . Your frame,engine cases won't live long Flyin through some of them. But Terrian is different all over the USA, The trials on Mountians around me than can reach over 10,000+ feet from 4500 foot start.

You live in Missouri? I been to Joplin & Nesho and Got lost in an Old Wooded Army base It was Cool Trees ,mud holes and Trails all over to ride. You could haul ass on lot of them. So to me A trail is about Tire placement speed contral etc. It's just Extreme shit.Think 200 to 1 gear reduction. Trail.

Now a Fire road or open Desert dirt road Is a totally differnt, even open national forrest road if you call them Trails Than a Banshee would be one combo more suited for that Terrian. This make me think Ivan Stewart. Baja etc. Benbb , Blue Duce playground.

Oh I know I am Slow That is why i love the dunes. One of the trerrian Types I can still go fast on.I May even Biuld a 100 horse Cub For it Some day. Jim Smart you do trade in's ? :)

SO ride hard and enjoy. It's all Fun.

SO ride hard and enjoy. It's all Fun.

That's it! Everybody's idea of how to ride is different. The people that typically bad mouth 4 strokes are ones that like to drag on 70+ hp machines and that's about it. Some people like to "meander like a 10 year old", as I said before and I wasn't putting them down. That's great, at least they're out there having fun and I would never give some one a hard time for riding slow or fast or anything. The idea is we all have a similar hobby and we go about it differently and as long as we all have fun, then it's great.

I've had a lot of people give me a hard time about getting a 4 stroke, and I know when they do it that they've 1) never been on one, 2) don't care about anything but how fast they can go in a short distance and 3) don't ride the way I do, but I just shrug it off knowing they have no clue how I ride or what I'm looking for in a machine. I once was against 4 strokes ( I was one of the ones who'd never been on one other than a 4x4) and I now realize how ignorant I was.

So, whether your on a bone stock 300ex or a highly modified PV'ed banshee, it doesn't matter, what's important is that you respect the other riders, their machines and how they ride and at what level they ride.

Peace out

back on the dune friendly question, I rode myne as a duner and it flat wore me out. It had enough to get me through the trails and do it quickly, but it was such a workout to keep it under control. It had enough power down low i could lug it around a little bit..i sure wouldn't call it fast in the trails though. Sure you can ride it there, but get out in the open, and that motor will shine. So, if you don't ride a ton of trails in the dunes...then yes its a dune friendly motor. That is if you ride wide open a lot.