2 new banshees/driving cross US/where do we go?

Glamis for sure, but if you are going through colorado or southern wyoming, swing by Walden for a day. It's small but worth the experience. If you are interested let me know and I'll give you directions. It's sand dunes, good hill climing and a lot of trails also.

theres some good places in mighigan and also montana unless you werent planning on staying that far north in witch case ohio and oklahoma have some good places as well as colorado and the pinnacle of all of them would have to be cali....GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Deepwater here in MO isnt too bad. kindof helps if u know someone with a 4X4, but besides that its alright. One more thing, if u do come here, stay out the holes where u cant see the bottom, trust me i know from personal experince(sp). my warrior disappeared quicker then shit :wacko:

Edited by thegroup

If you find yourself on I-70 you owe it to yourself to check out Finger Lakes State Park. Even if you don't unload and ride it is so close to the Interstate it is worth driving through for visual consideration.

From I-70 take exit 128A (Highway 63) North about 10 miles and right on Peabody road. Highway 63 is a nice new four-lane with little congestion and a 70 mph speed limit making the detour quick and painless. Be careful you do not pass up the Peabody road exit.

About 65 miles of hard packed hill climbs and moist-to-muddy trails. Admission is $3 per ATV. Helmets are required. Flags are not and will get destroyed by tree limbs - so take it off. Officially noise limits and state stickers are checked, but I've never heard of it in practice. Stay off the paved roads except the road to the track. The park is shared with environmental types who will report you to the rangers and you will get a ticket.

The official state web site is here:

http://www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes.htm

Here are some more pictures of Finger Lakes:

046.jpg

091.jpg

094.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

-Bill

i'd have to say .. hit lil sahara in oklahoma.. then head off to utah then to pismo beach... I LOVE PISMO.. near the beach and so cool... also there is OREGON and oregon is very very pretty up in coos bay where the sand hills of horseshoe  falls  lay..

IF I COULD I WOULD MOVE TO OREGON!!! :cheers:  :bolt:

368846[/snapback]

Thanks for all the great ideas for places to ride as we drive cross country. Directions and pictures are so great and much appreciated. Keep the locations coming. We are likely to drive I90 or 80. Any places in South Dakota? Michigan? Thanks.

... Have you thought about Moab? ... 

370542[/snapback]

I broke my foot in two places near Moab, up at Delicate Arch. ... Rock climbing!

Sorry, but when you're from Scotland and someone mentions a place in the States that I've been to, I had to chime in. :D

Enjoy your trip, marleyjoeb. Looks like the guys are giving you plenty places to ride!

Rare.