BEST PORTING OPTIONS

I live on Tucson Az and I am looking for a good portinge shop. Since it is a mod you can't revert I wold like to know what the shop will be doing so if you can help me with explaining me what to ask for when I go out shoping around for porting. If anybody knows a good webpage that explains the diferent features on porint a banshee engine would be great.

:)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call Jim at passion racing engines. I talked with him several times before i sent the motor out, and several times when he had it. He had no problem picking up the phone for 10-15 minutes to awnser any dumb questions i had. I didnt really know what kind of work i wanted done, and with talking to him he helped me come to the best decision for my type of riding. Jim was also one of the few that would take time to talk to me,and discuss things in detail before i had actually commited to him. MOst of the others would talk, but you could tell it was like i was a pain in the ass and wasting their time untill they had my money.

you can also reach him here on the board.... PassionRE

http://www.passionracingengines.com/index.html :cheers:

Edited by white trash shee rider

what kind of power are you looking for? what kind of riding do you do? i can recommend a lot of good people but need to know what you are going for.

350732[/snapback]

Priorities:

1- It needs to be rideable on the low range so I can still ride slow on the dunes and trails

2- Run as fast as possible when drag racing.

is that information enough? :huh:

sounds like you want your cake and eat it too :) ,a 4 mill long rod stroker setup would be your best bet to have bottom end torque and still yank your arms in high gears and hit the high notesfor dragging.

sounds like you want your cake and eat it too :) ,a 4 mill long rod stroker setup would be your best bet to have bottom end torque and still yank your arms in high gears and hit the high notesfor dragging.

350823[/snapback]

Word!!!

350823[/snapback]

Hey guys I need a little help here, If I go fot the +4 mil stroke, that will change the compression and the cc of my engine. If so, that will increase the heat generated on the engine, and therefore it may overheat during long periods of time riding at low speeds (on dunes and trails)

Hey guys I need a little help here, If I go fot the +4 mil stroke, that will change the compression and the cc of my engine. If so, that will increase the heat generated on the engine, and therefore it may overheat during long periods of time riding at low speeds (on dunes and trails)

350850[/snapback]

Huh? It won't necessarily change your compression, that's something you choose to do. It will definately change your cc's, so. Why would that increase the heat generated in your motor? Any motor may overheat, but it is usually do to other factors than its size.

Huh?  It won't necessarily change your compression, that's something you choose to do. It will definately change your cc's, so.  Why would that increase the heat generated in your motor?  Any motor may overheat, but it is usually do to other factors than its size.

350876[/snapback]

Not necessarilly, as long as you don't generate more heat on the cylinder than the heat your cooling system can remove, you sould not have any problem. Now all the mods that make the flow more efficient (filter, intake, biger carbs, reeds, pipes, etc) don't encrease the heat, but increasing the cc definetlly will, since you are burning more gas.