*CT Legislature proposes Bill to Ban ATV's*

In Connecticutt there is proposed legislation that will ban the sale and operation of ATV's and potentialy dirtbikes anywhere within the state.

Read this from the AMA: http://www.ama-cycle.org/news/2005/CTban.asp

You guys in CT better start writing your state representitives and let them know that you don't want them to support this bill.

Wheatchex

thats gay, why would they wanna do that? hey we should ban football too since ppl get hurt playing it. perhaps we should ban golf on golf courses cuz the ball hitting the ground hurts the soil??? this country is really starting to become quite rediculous. even tho it may be the most "free" country in the world its starting to become a bunch of bullshit. its assholes like that dude that deserved to be shot because he thinks atv's are dangerous or whatever. i wish killing was legal :evil:

Tree huggin Nazi's!  :angry:  While there at it why not ban riding Horses, water craft, pleasure aircraft, or going outside your house and have fun?

343222[/snapback]

i think they should ban sexual reproduction. that way the world would have less idiots born like this guy.

thats gay, why would they wanna do that? hey we should ban football too since ppl get hurt playing it. perhaps we should ban golf on golf courses cuz the ball hitting the ground hurts the soil??? this country is really starting to become quite rediculous. even tho it may be the most "free" country in the world its starting to become a bunch of bullshit. its assholes like that dude that deserved to be shot because he thinks atv's are dangerous or whatever. i wish killing was legal :evil:

343203[/snapback]

I agree...

It makes me wonder why they would want to do that, since there isn't technically any riding spots in Conn. :shrugani: At least thats what Walts told me several times.

The people that come up with that shit amaze me time and time again. They should out law alcohol, butter knives, electricity, traveling in cars, peanut butter, and horses since they can all be dangerous. While they are at it, outlaw lightning since its both dangerous and destructive. OOO Outlaw huge snowstorms that knock out the power for weeks on end and reek havoc on the citizens. That'll go over well too.

Or, how about they pull their fat heads out of their fat asses, take a few clean fresh breaths of air and realize that people need to have recreation other than spending time at the country club, smoking Cuban cigars and talking about the S&P, and how they might be buying another yacht for fucks sake.

And yes...any state can become a "blue" state if you let it. You have to become very proactive in matters that interest you, or affect you, whether you are for or against it, no matter the political affiliation.

And Loco, I don't think killing is illegal...at least here... because they keep putting up laws to prohibit packing a concealed handgun into specific buildings. They don't want you killing with a concealed handgun. I guess killing someone and having it in the open is okay, and perhaps using a crossbow is okay too... And everytime there is a shooting they want to ban the gun, because its the reason someone died. I get all confused in those situations about whom to blame for my actions.

:shrugani:

Here's the info

Connecticut proposal could ban ATVs and possibly dirtbikes

All-terrain vehicles, and possibly dirtbikes, would be banned in Connecticut under two proposals introduced by state Sen. Bill Finch (D-Bridgeport) that are being considered by this year's General Assembly.

Finch (right), vice chairman of the Transportation Committee, introduced Senate Bill 330, which would completely ban the sale and operation of all-terrain vehicles in the state. Depending on which definition of an ATV is used, the ban could also include dirtbikes. In some sections of Connecticut law, it appears that dirtbikes would fall within the legal definition of ATVs.

Finch also introduced Senate Bill 565, which would ban the sale and use of mini-motorcycles, known as pocket bikes, in addition to banning ATVs in Connecticut.

The bills are scheduled to be heard by the joint Senate/House Transportation Committee on Monday, January 31, at 11 a.m. in room 2B of the Legislative Office Building, 210 Capitol Avenue, Hartford.

You can write to your state lawmakers urging them to oppose the bills at: Legislative Office Building, Hartford, CT 06106-1591.

I noticed it says that this will be heard on Jan 31, has anything more come of this?

I agree...

It makes me wonder why they would want to do that, since there isn't technically any riding spots in Conn. :shrugani:  At least thats what Walts told me several times.

The people that come up with that shit amaze me time and time again. They should out law alcohol, butter knives, electricity, traveling in cars, peanut butter, and horses since they can all be dangerous. While they are at it, outlaw lightning since its both dangerous and destructive. OOO Outlaw huge snowstorms that knock out the power for weeks on end and reek havoc on the citizens. That'll go over well too.

Or, how about they pull their fat heads out of their fat asses, take a few clean fresh breaths of air and realize that people need to have recreation other than spending time at the country club, smoking Cuban cigars and talking about the S&P, and how they might be buying another yacht for fucks sake.

And yes...any state can become a "blue" state if you let it. You have to become very proactive in matters that interest you, or affect you, whether you are for or against it, no matter the political affiliation.

And Loco, I don't think killing is illegal...at least here... because they keep putting up laws to prohibit packing a concealed handgun into specific buildings. They don't want you killing with a concealed handgun. I guess killing someone and having it in the open is okay, and perhaps using a crossbow is okay too... And everytime there is a shooting they want to ban the gun, because its the reason someone died. I get all confused in those situations about whom to blame for my actions.

:shrugani:

343239[/snapback]

word. stan you just added to my rage!! :evil: fuckin idiot ppl really make me mad. i like how video games and music make ppl kill ppl too... :yank:

Last I heard they were shot down.

Apparently the wording on the banning of ATV and Pocket Bikes conversed through motorcycles,dirtbikes, and ATVs.

So yeah the AMA and ATVA were all over it. :headbang:

It was origonally supposed to just ban pocketbikes and keep people from riding them on the roads which is an enforcement issue and not a legislative issue. But of course ATV's always get added in.

Than the committee was asking why no land has been opened up for legal ATV riding and what the holdup was.

All in all it went good from what I have read.