replaced stator, coil and cdi still no spark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so now i am pretty sure that the green/yellow wire is from the park brake witch.

i pulled off the harness today and read it out, all the wires are good. so now i am going to pull the fly wheel back off and recheck the grounds on the back of stator plate and make sure that none of the wires are pintched. and if none of this shit work i am gonna take it to the shop. thanks for all your in put guys.

maybe your spark plug caps aren't pushed on all the way. try pulling one of the caps off and have a buddy of yours hold his thumb over the end of the spark plug wire while you kick it. if he gets shocked, then you have spark. i had a problem where i couldn't see any spark, but my buddy got shocked off of it. sometimes the plug caps just don't make good contact

maybe your spark plug caps aren't pushed on all the way. try pulling one of the caps off and have a buddy of yours hold his thumb over the end of the spark plug wire while you kick it. if he gets shocked, then you have spark. i had a problem where i couldn't see any spark, but my buddy got shocked off of it. sometimes the plug caps just don't make good contact

343640[/snapback]

i think that is my probelm. my shee wont start either so

Along with what Fixitrod said, swap out the flywheel just in case. Banchetta had one fail at Coalfest last year and I don't remember the specifics, but it sounds like you have elminated damn near everything else...

I kinda skimmed it but looks like the TORS is gone, key switch bypassed, you swapped the coil, CDI, and stator, and checked the wiring for continuity. If you're certain that the wiring harness has continuity, you might also check the black/white wire for resistance to ground (the handlebar kill switch grounds the black/white wire to kill the motor, if it is grounding to the frame somewhere it thinks that switch is "off"). Also I'd double check the ground eyelet terminal where the voltage regulator mounts. Try new plugs (yeah I know duh but had to mention it) and if you can swap in a known working flywheel and see what happens, good luck.

Along with what Fixitrod said, swap out the flywheel just in case.  Banchetta had one fail at Coalfest last year and I don't remember the specifics, but it sounds like you have elminated damn near everything else...

I kinda skimmed it but looks like the TORS is gone, key switch bypassed, you swapped the coil, CDI, and stator, and checked the wiring for continuity.  If you're certain that the wiring harness has continuity, you might also check the black/white wire for resistance to ground (the handlebar kill switch grounds the black/white wire to kill the motor, if it is grounding to the frame somewhere it thinks that switch is "off").  Also I'd double check the ground eyelet terminal where the voltage regulator mounts.  Try new plugs (yeah I know duh but had to mention it) and if you can swap in a known working flywheel and see what happens, good luck.

343869[/snapback]

That's right ... I forgot about the flywheel. Good thinkin Ben.

has any one ever gotten a bad stator from ricky stator before? i do have brand new spark plugs propberly gapped, i have checked the cap and they are good. i held my finger directly to the plug wire(metal in side) while i kicked it and got nothing. and if the lights flicker when i kick it, it seams to me that the fly wheel isn't the problem. i don't have any one to swap parts with because all my budies ride four strokes.

Edited by fast500#12

In other words meat went through everything you are doing and it was a bad stator from Ricky Stator. I was in the trailer at coal fest when we figured it out. That's why I said to check it. I had a stator (not a ricky stator) that read good and was bad also. Matt on this site has also ran into stators that read good and aren't.

thanks for all your in put guys. we now have spark :headbang: . i went over every thing meticulusly to day sanded the ground pionts of the stator plate and all the other ground points and reinstalled my harness. i allso checkedthe voltage out put to the ignition from the stator every thing checked out well with in specks. i read out the plug caps and the one to the left cylinder was bad so i replaced it. kicked it over and nothing. then i remembered that i didn't hook up the ground to the harness so i hooked that up. expecting the worst and hopnping for the best i was holding the plug metal in hand and gave her a kick, my arm went numb up to my elbow for a couple of minutes. i have never been so happy to get lit up like a christmas tree. thanks for all your help guys. i've said it befor and i'll say it again you guy rock. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

the only thing that sucks is i did so much that i don't know what exatly fixed it. oh well just an excuse to up grade is how i see it all. :D

Edited by fast500#12

thanks for all your in put guys. we now have spark   :headbang: . i went over every thing meticulusly to day sanded the ground pionts of the stator plate and all the other ground points and reinstalled my harness. i allso checkedthe voltage out put to the ignition from the stator every thing checked out well with in specks. i read out the plug caps and the one to the left cylinder was bad so i replaced it. kicked it over and nothing. then i remembered that i didn't hook up the ground to the harness so i hooked that up. expecting the worst and hopnping for the best i was holding the plug metal in hand and gave her a kick, my arm went numb up to my elbow for a couple of minutes. i have never been so happy to get lit up like a christmas tree. thanks for all your help guys. i've said it befor and i'll say it again you guy rock. :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

the only thing that sucks is i did so much that i don't know what exatly fixed it. oh well just an excuse to up grade is how i see it all. :D

344768[/snapback]

AWSOME :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: