shooting out of turns

islandsurfer

When I raced last weekend I couldn't shoot out of a turn like I needed to... I bought the the SHEE used so I am learning more about each time I clean and ride it... I noticed it has a 17 tooth front, what should I go to to help me out...17 front 42 rear and 22"tires... I want to be able to pull harder on the lower side because the track I frequent is a tight track and I ride a few trails too... Thanks

I ordered a 14 tooth for the front... This should help then???

336007[/snapback]

it will help tons. the tires are a little on the large side too, but those are expensive so try out the sprocket first.

When I raced last weekend I couldn't shoot out of a turn like I needed to... I bought the the SHEE used so I am learning more about each time I clean  and ride it... I noticed it has a 17 tooth front, what should I go to to help me out...17 front 42 rear and 22"tires... I want to be able to pull harder on the lower side because the track I frequent is a tight track and I ride a few trails too... Thanks

335103[/snapback]

Nobody races mx with 22 rears ,get 18 or 19s . your new sprocket will make you think you just added another cylinder when it comes to acceleration.You will be shifting more on the straights.good luck and chew up some 4 pokes.

• 3 weeks later...

When all that's done a lighter flywheel will help also. It allows you to brake later be there is less stored energy to push you. You have to be careful coming out of the corners though because the revs can come up to fast and cause the tires to sping to much.