If you had to pick one

Dopeman0012

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my advice

ask your builder on what they would recommend. i know some engines like one pipe more than the other,

i got rockets cause not every one has them. probably not the best for my motor but i like them

I've read great testimonials on both but both claim to be better than the other. I just need a little help deciding which in frame pipe to get. I'll go with majority.

333838[/snapback]

Both great pipes from peoples experience in this forum. I've rode many banshee's with cpi's and they are a great performer. Though the performance isn't enough for me to sacrifice on their quality. The rockets I've yet to try or even see in person so I can't comment on those though they do intrigue me. I'm sure Tyler and some other will chime in here for their feedback regarding the rockets.

ive never rode cpi piped shes, but i own rocket pipes and if their was a better performing pipe i would be very surprised.the state of tune on your engine will determine how much benefit that you will see,they like bigger carbs and much higher exhaust and transfer timing than other pipes do (t5,fmf). plus it always helps to add compression which will get back any lost bottom end torque. rockets are the shizznit and i hope no one buys them because i like winning to much :headbang:

Both are great pipes. Can go wrong with either. Pretty much it comes down to looks. Personally, I hate the look of CPI's. Somethin bout them I dont like.. Ive ridden bikes with both pipes on them, and I prefer the rocket sound over CPI's. I like the look of rockets better, and I like it that rockets seem to give a little more on bottom and from the dyno sheets Ive seen, they give more on top too. I say whatever you think fits your riding style.

Personally I hate the look of Rocket pipes so I bought CPI's. Everyone on here that has Rockets seem to really like them also - so whichever ones you decide to buy I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

334048[/snapback]

same here, i dont HATE the look of any banshee pipe but the rockets arent on the top of my list for good looks, but nothing against them both the pipes have their own unigue look, im not sure ive heard a complaint from either that was a fact some people have diff. opinions on both, but what it comes down to is which one YOU want and which one your motor builder thinks will work better with his motor.

my .02

same here, i dont HATE the look of any banshee pipe but the rockets arent on the top of my list for good looks, but nothing against them both the pipes have their own unigue look, im not sure ive heard a complaint from either that was a fact some people have diff. opinions on both, but what it comes down to is which one YOU  want and which one your motor builder thinks will work better with his motor.

my .02

334097[/snapback]

thats very true about preference,ive never heard anyone say" i own cpi or i own rockets and i absolutely hate them" :blink:

i have however,heard alot of fmf guys say this :P

I think you will be happy with either pipe. I am running the Cpi's, I dont have any complaints. My next set of pipes will be Rockets (because of they dyno a little over the Cpi's like mentioned before) or the Trinitys. Well see.

i think that rocket pipes and cpi pipes make power better on diff. motors

i know for a fact that i have seen a dyno sheet on here where cpi pipes made more power than rockets and vice versa.. Dopeman i think you should do some reasearch on here and find out some things then decide

I was leaning towards the rockets but my local dealer reccomends pipes called fat bastards. he said they were based out of kentucky. any one heard of them?

337010[/snapback]

Fat Bastards are made by Vito's. I don't know much about them but they claim they're a high rev pipe like CPI's & Rockets and seem to cost more $$$

Edited by Tim C

Ive seen those charts reading both ways...it just depends on how your engine is set up. My personal experience on my 4mm stroker motors yields the CPI's as the winner between those two pipes....but Sheerer inframes beat them both in peak HP....Jim

Ive seen those charts reading both ways...it just depends on how your engine is set up. My personal experience on my 4mm stroker motors yields the CPI's as the winner between those two pipes....but Sheerer inframes beat them both in peak HP....Jim

337074[/snapback]

Jim did you get them On the Dyno yet?

AS for Looks the Shearer Smoke both of them Fugly Pipes :rolleyes:. Smooth radial arc