If you had to pick one

Dopeman0012

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Oilsmoke, the dyno showed on this particular motor ,CPI's made 3 more horses than Rockets ,and the Sheerers made 7 more HP than the Rockets...thats this engine..results have been different on different engines from the dyno sheets Ive seen. Loco's motor for example liked the Rockets better than CPI's. all of those pipes are good pipes..its all good....Jim

Edited by PassionRE

I haven't seen a dyno sheet yet for a set of Rockets that was not on an inertial dyno. On a given motor, one pipe will probably make more hp than the other depending on the porting of the engine. This however, does not mean either pipe is better than the other, just different.

My personal choice is CPI due to the fact that they can actually answer questions about what porting specs need to be ball parked for on a given engine, which is based off their CFD data. The impression that I get is that the Rocket pipes were designed with a 10 key calculator (forgive me if I am wrong) at best. If I were not to put any thought into my choice and purely went buy appearance, then I would still buy the CPI's due to the fact the the Rocket silencers look gay, not to mention the seemingly sub par fit and finish with the snap rings.

Just my .02. :cheers:

I haven't seen a dyno sheet yet for a set of Rockets that was not on an inertial dyno.  On a given motor, one pipe will probably make more hp than the other depending on the porting of the engine.  This however, does not mean either pipe is better than the other, just different.

My personal choice is CPI due to the fact that they can actually answer questions about what porting specs need to be ball parked for on a given engine, which is based off their CFD data.  The impression that I get is that the Rocket pipes were designed with a 10 key calculator (forgive me if I am wrong) at best.  If I were not to put any thought into my choice and purely went buy appearance, then I would still buy the CPI's due to the fact the the Rocket silencers look gay, not to mention the seemingly sub par fit and finish with the snap rings.

Just my .02. :cheers:

338414[/snapback]

How do you figure on them looking better? CPI has that ugly logo on the side of there pipes and on my friends bike the sticker on the silencer is peeling off, but that might be the old silencer model. Rockets chrome is nice and doesnt blue from what I heard, but what do I know :confused:

How do you figure on them looking better? CPI has that ugly logo on the side of there pipes and on my friends bike the sticker on the silencer is peeling off, but that might be the old silencer model. Rockets chrome is nice and doesnt blue from what I heard, but what do I know  :confused:

338513[/snapback]

I have no idea what you're talking about. All of the sets that I bought came with out stickers on the silencers and I without stamping on the expansion chambers. I have seen quite a few blued out sets of Rockets, but that doesn't necessarily mean the chrome is bad it just means the jetting is too lean or oil was left on it before start up.

:confused:

firehead ,you chose an excellent name, cause it seems like your always pissed :D

its just talk about  some brands of steel pipes dude :cry:

:cheers:

338621[/snapback]

I'm not always pissed, I just have a habbit of stating my opinion without regards to other's feelings or opinions.

:rotflmao:

whoa fellas!

Rocket pipes do not use snap rings - your thinking of the old school silencers

I personally liked the snap rings - lots of people use them (toomey)....

Rockets and CPIs are both good pipes

opinions are like assholes - everyones got one

35.jpg

see the new ones?

32.jpg

look Ma! No snap rings!

33.jpg

whoa fellas!

Rocket pipes do not use snap rings - your thinking of the old school silencers

I personally liked the snap rings - lots of people use them (toomey)....

Rockets and CPIs are both good pipes

opinions are like assholes - everyones got one

I think I might have two assholes then. :flush:

Edited by FireHead

ROCKETS!! i would never own a set of CPI. i would run stock pipes before id run CPI. hate the way cpi look and everyone and their granny has them. on my engine rockets made more hp and torque than cpi and pulled harder all the way.

334026[/snapback]

Now you pissed me off. Do you hate everything (CPI's, 125's etc.)? or is it just that everything you have is better then anything else? Most of the shit you say has some sort of negative context. You would rather run stock pipes because CPI's are ugly? You obviously buy shit for looks and not the performance.

Now you pissed me off. Do you hate everything (CPI's, 125's etc.)? or is it just that everything you have is better then anything else? Most of the shit you say has some sort of negative context. You would rather run stock pipes because CPI's are ugly? You obviously buy shit for looks and not the performance.

339237[/snapback]

i dont hate everything i just dislike some things. i dont like cpi's and i would never own a 125. its an opinion man, geez. and sorry but most of the shit i say does not have some sort of negative content. everyone has been gettin all bent out of shape lately when i have an opinion. and yes i bought my rockets cuz i liked the way they look, but as it turns out they pull more power on my engine anyway so i guess i made the right choice.

so cuz i said i hate cpi that made you mad? if you say you dislike rockets, which alot of people have said lately, you wont see me throwing a big hissy fit and getting pissed.

The only reason I ever disliked rockets what that the silencer craftsmanship of the previous generation was pretty slutty and the fact that no one has dyno sheets from anything but an inertial dyno (personal thing). Of course, I am still not a fan of the new generation silencers being fastened with pop rivets.

If the Rockets make more power on an engine then you should go with them. If I can get porting done to match the pipes when I buy them then I certainly will buy a set of Rockets to fool around with.

When I bought my last few sets of CPI's I have had all of my questions fully satisfied. This and the silencer thing is my only bitch when it comes to Rockets (I ask fairly complicated questions).

...................Thus MY hissy fit. Hissy fits are cool, don't knock them.

:cry: