'shee hauler blew a tranny...

the transmission in my ole 81 f250 burnt up today :banghead: any one got one in their shop lying around? i'd hate to buy a new one for it. thanks guys

332496[/snapback]

dude, that sucks balls, i will check with the red neck alert system tomorrow and put the word out. :cheers: if i find any thing i will let you know. where you located?

iam located in lowville ny. the truck is a 1981 f 250, with a 1979 351w. its automatic, currently has an AOD in it, but origianlly had a c4 that went with the original 302. its got 1 2 and D. its 4x4 also. any helps is greatly appreciated. i got a bunch of ford and chevy parts too if anyone need anything

Yeah....Dodge's have great transmissions :rolleyes: .

Wanna put a 4 speed in it? I have one of those! Do you still have the C4? They are cheap to have rebuilt. A local shop rebuilt one for me for $200 with shift kit and some heavier bands. It was a bench job (I pulled the tranny and took it to him).

Yeah....Dodge's have great transmissions :rolleyes: .

Wanna put a 4 speed in it?  I have one of those!  Do you still have the C4?  They are cheap to have rebuilt.  A local shop rebuilt one for me for $200 with shift kit and some heavier bands.  It was a bench job (I pulled the tranny and took it to him).

333487[/snapback]

no i got rid of the c4 and put an AOD in it. it wouldnt shift out of first gear(into second) then eventually leaked out all the fluid and that was the end of it. a friend of mine had his 700r4 rebuilt from his chevy and it was around a grand :bolt:

here is your help, get a dodge!!!! well at least a heavy duty tranny anyway like in the 2500 and up trucks..

332945[/snapback]

lol, yeah.........

Not ripping on you, but Dodge transmisions suck, and always have. A manual in a dodge is the only way I'll own a dodge.

90% of ALL automatic transmision failure is caused by HEAT... If you have a auto in your truck and pull stuff, put a COOLER on it.

lol, yeah.........

Not ripping on you, but Dodge transmisions suck, and always have.  A manual in a dodge is the only way I'll own a dodge.

90% of ALL automatic transmision failure is caused by HEAT... If you have a auto in your truck and pull stuff, put a COOLER on it.

333939[/snapback]

I definitely learned the hardway. I've got an 01 dodge with a cummins turbo diesel & an auto tranny. Last year after I installed a chip & new exhaust i smoked the stock tranny. My torque converter got so hot it was purple. Well $3500 buck s later, I've got a tranny with a 2 year warranty, and completely hand built from the ground up. Now It chirps the tires when shifting from 1 to 2, and then to drive when I get on it. Now I've also got a big'a$$ cooler up front.