New 28mm pwk - runs worse than stock carbs

Thanks for the picture RBD. My carbs do not have that Brass piece sticking out like that. Mine sticks up like that, but is is just a solid piece of aluminum. What is that brass piece for anyway? Did I get ripped off when I bought these?

:jesterlaugh: Rocketboy, I was thinking the same thing about that whole shop. I think they are all raging crack heads. So it sounds like I need to check for any air leaks and then try and get this thing jetted right.

My brother talked to a guy and he said if I switched out my stock CDI box with a yamaha racing ignition, that I would not believe the difference it makes with 28 pwk's?

Thanks for the picture RBD. My carbs do not have that Brass piece sticking out like that. Mine sticks up like that, but is is just a solid piece of aluminum. What is that brass piece for anyway? Did I get ripped off when I bought these?

Sounds like your carbs are PWK look a likes (not the Keihin ones), the brass tube on the Keihin carb is for bikes that use auto lube or vacuum petcocks. The Keihin carbs are made to work on many different makes and models of engines.

No, you didn't get ripped off. The carbs you got just aren't drilled for the auto lube or vacuum operated petcock.

Ron